Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless not working on laptop

Options
  • 20-08-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I have a decent spec HP Pavilion laptop which has wireless and up to recently was connecting fine with my Three dongle. However for the past few days it wont pick up the network. I have tried refreshing the list but it wont pick it up. I have used the dongle wirelessly on my main pc and it works fine so the problem seems to be the laptop itself

I have tried a few other things when I right click on the wireless icon eg Repair Wireless connection but to no avail. Any idea what to do next?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried turning off the firewall? Occassinally updates have been known to block all connections. And of course you have checked that the wireless on the laptop is turned on?

Have you tried the laptop in any other wireless networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

d'oh I'm embarassed - the bloody physical wifi button above the keyboard was switched off

Thanks for the response anyway

Advertisement