Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i get Smart telecom 5mb?

• 20-08-2010 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Im thinking of ordering Smart telecom 5mb package(i cant afford the higher speeds at the moment). Is the 170gb download limit good? I mostly use my internet for online gaiming so i would also need a good ping.Any other info on this provider would be very helpfull ,thanks.

Oh and btw,im currently on eircom 3mb broadband, with a 30gb download limit.The 170gb download limit from Smart telecom seems like a great improvment but is there a catch anywhere with this?
    Im just not sure if im seeing the full picture with all this ;0 ,and praying thats there is nothing hidden between the lines if ya know what i mean
    • 170GB Traffic Included
    • Optional Static IP Address
    • 5Mb Down / 384kb Up
    • Optional 1Mb Upload Add On
    • Free WiFi modem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

If you can get it and it is adsl2 then yes i would jump at it.If it's bitstream resold then i would check out all options.I have the 6mb package and get above max speed downloads on everything i choose to download.Allowance isn't a problem for me as i only download when i actually want something.
    UPC are semi upgrading where i live but judging by there application of resources to private/public estates i won't be touching them anytime soon.UPC had a sticky thread here regarding their flaws but it has vanished strangely enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Advertkriz

Yea i believe my connect is going to be upgraded to fibre at the exchange by Smart telecom and it will take 10-15 days for this,is that ADSL2?

I have also been looking at Magnet ,they seem to have unlimited internet and dont enforce there fair usage police.

Advertisement