Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What league are you in?

• 20-08-2010 7:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1 V 1 Bronze

Im sure we have a broad skill based of SC2 players here.
    Anyone feel like sharing what league they are in?
    Ill start off by saying im in bronze 1V1,I havent dont mt team placements yet.
    Im pretty poor at the game but improved ever so slightly but i really dont care as blizz done a marvellous job of pitting me against players of very similar skill.
    Im really having a lot of fun even if im in the lowest league :)
    Ive never played an rts this much, usually get bored within a week.

PS: please feel free to update if you get promoted/demoted :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

1 V 1 platinum. (so not deserved :p )

2v2 gold with neoslizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Diamond 1v1 and Platinum random 2v2, haven't played all that many 2v2s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Still unranked. Am loving the campaign. Nearly done (22 missions done) so will rank myself soon. Current 8-3 up in my practise games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

1v1 - Gold
    2v2 Random - Platinum
    2v2 With Ally - Platinum
    3v3 Random - Gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

1v1 Platinum somehow. Im a gold player at best and for some reason im near the top of my plat league.

I only really play 2v2 and 3v3 to pass the time so i cant really remember what leagues im in in that, bronze silver sort of level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

1 v 1 silver and 3 v 3 silver. I don't get to play the game much :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MistaMagoo

1v1 Gold
    2v2 Silver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

1v1 Bronze

Don't see myself ever getting out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Am 1v1 gold.

I'm pretty impressed with the ranking system, I've gone Bronze to Silver to Gold and have had basically a 50/50 win loss ratio the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭docetes

1v1 silver oh so nearly promoted but then lost a load of games in a row and now hovering around the 10th place position :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

1v1 gold, been bouncing from between top 20 the last few days, gradually going upwards(except for my brilliant 7 in a row losing streak(give achievement?)tonight)

Hevent even touched 2v2+ yet,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Rank 11 plat 1v1.
    Rank 1 gold 2v2 with unholygregor.
    Bronze 3v3 with team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

2v2 RT Diamond
    3v3 RT Diamond

2v2 and 3v3 ATs Gold. Not playing anymore 3v3s since my laptop cannae take it :(. Can just about micro in 2v2s though ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

1v1 Gold Rank 2
    2v2 Gold Rank 21 (with neoslicerZ)
    4v4 Silver Rank 14 (random)

Hope to hit 1v1 plat soon

Edit: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/241631/MoJu

sc2ranks is a great site for detailed info on your level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

1v1 Platinum

Would be hoping to get up to Diamond but don't have enough free time at the moment, once September rolls around I'll be able to put in some more effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

1v1 Silver (80% of my lost is due to cheeser, i hate you proxy and barrack rush :pac:)
    2v2 random Silver (and i played alot team game with diff people)
    3v3 random Platinum (the thing with 3v3 is that generally if you have 1 good team mate + myself should be enough to win an average opponent team, also depends on some map tho)

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/368815/BurningSera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

1v1 bronze (I deserve this, I am terrible :( )
    2v2 bronze (same as above)
    3v3 placement (5 left)
    4v4 placement (5 left)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

1v1 Silver, was top when i logged off, im sure i dropped by now. Have played about 200 games, won about 110.
    I win vs gold/plat players then lose to a bronze. Guess thats why im still in silver.

2v2 Random Plat. Am terrible at 2v2, i play it like a 1v1 in many ways in that i forget to go to highest tier :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

1v1 Platinum only so far, but played a few 2v2s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

1v1 Gold, Beat a couple platinums only to get hammered by fellow goldies.

Played a gold terran, he built nothing but marines and 3 tanks, i sniped the tanks, but he must've had 70 marines :( zerglings and banelings had no hope of reaching the lines. Tried to tech to broodlords but he attacked me before i got them. :(

• Advertisement

Got placed into 1v1 plat just there, ugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hadnt played in a few days,played 2 games today second one i played a guy from Gold league and beat him,earned +18 points.
    How was i paired with a Gold player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

1v1 Gold
    2v2 Gold (with Owdee)

Not half bad, the 2v2 Ive played alot more, and we often beat platinum players, but still havent been pushed up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

In platinum now on 1v1, games are gettin pretty tough, gettin matched up with some diamond players :(

2v2 (random) i'm in gold, that's a very different game from 1v1 :(

I can agree, got placed into Plat, first points game I play I get thrown in vs a Diamond, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

1v1 silver
    2v2 plat (was silver this morning)
    3v3 bronze

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Am only Bronze in 1v1; but I'm happy with that given how infrequently I play & that I switched preferred teams half-way through (die hard zerg player now)

I've been climbing up the rankings slowly but steadily - does anyone know at what point / when do you get promoted? Is there some placement matches you're notified of, or is it automatic for ppl in the top 5 (or whatever)?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Am only Bronze in 1v1; but I'm happy with that given how infrequently I play & that I switched preferred teams half-way through (die hard zerg player now)

I've been climbing up the rankings slowly but steadily - does anyone know at what point / when do you get promoted? Is there some placement matches you're notified of, or is it automatic for ppl in the top 5 (or whatever)?
    the system will match you play some silver/gold/plat players and if you win them(not sure how many matches and it comes down the win rate i guess) you will be promoted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

seraphimvc wrote: »
    the system will match you play some silver/gold/plat players and if you win them(not sure how many matches and it comes down the win rate i guess) you will be promoted.
    Ah cool, that makes sense. Are you told that you're about to compete against a Silver-ranked player? I see the "Favoured, Slightly Favoured, Even" flags allright ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jazzme

1v1 silver
    2v2 silver

unranked for 3v3 and 4v4

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

Started in bronze, have made my way up to gold now, sitting at 15th - 10th in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Funny one today

Was going grand in gold with a 4 win streak, after finishing the fourth I heard something come on screen but wasnt looking, thought it was an achievement.

After my following game which was so easy, I looked to see I'd being demoted to silver.

I was top 30 in my gold league doing well, then got relegated? Found it very strange.

Hopefully will get promoted back up soon. Oddly enough I figured myself a bronze or silver standard, but I'm tearing through things in front of me at this tage, so maybe gold is were I belong.

Even stranger is my 3v3 teams, we win our first 5 placements then go into bronze, win another five and dont seem to move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirJolt

Silver 1v1
    Gold 2v2
    Gold 3v3
    Unranked 4v4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

1v1 Bronze

Everytime I play I discover a new way to lose withing the first 5 minutes :pac:

Wicknight wrote: »
    1v1 Bronze

Everytime I play I discover a new way to lose withing the first 5 minutes :pac:
    lol reaper rush, cannon rush, 6 pool-ed in a row??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

A few weeks on, I am now:
    1v1 Platinum
    2v2 Diamond
    3v3 Diamond
    4v4 Diamond

fun fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Got promoted..

1v1 Diamond
    2v2 Platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirJolt

Just got promoted to 1v1 Gold. I am a happy man, and the game that got me there was an excellent one. I love those games where you have to take time at the end to say, "well played man, great stuff" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm still on my practice matches! Took my time with the campaign.

@TheDoc: How does the ranking system work then? I don't understand how you can get demoted from gold to silver if you won?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I played my placement matches and got into Gold which I'm finding tough.

Lucutus and I have been playing 2v2 a bit and we got butt-munched in placement by some ninjas and ended up in Bronze which we have consumed whole, like some amuse-bouche :) We went from 93rd to 6th in few games :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

silvine wrote: »
    I'm still on my practice matches! Took my time with the campaign.

@TheDoc: How does the ranking system work then? I don't understand how you can get demoted from gold to silver if you won?

Your movement through leagues and your matchups with oppononts is based on a hidden rating, its not based on the visible points that you see. I have no idea when the game looks at it and decides to promote and demote you though.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Your movement through leagues and your matchups with oppononts is based on a hidden rating, its not based on the visible points that you see. I have no idea when the game looks at it and decides to promote and demote you though.

As of last night I was ranked 3rd in Silver. I'm a bit annoyed. I know for a fact I won't get better till I start playing better players, at the moment I'm rolling people in Silver. Not being big headed, but I have definitely underestimated hoq quickly I could learn this game and get solid at it.

I think my last 15 1v1 matches has about 3-4 losses in it.

I'm not very much interested in my stats per say, I just want to become a better player and to do that I need to go up in leagues. However if they want to keep me silver I'd say I could have great fun jossling for the top5 spots every week.

Its also a little proud achievement for me to be up there, regardless of your league or standard, its always nice to be top5 or top10 in anything.

Bar being in the Top10 pedophiles of a football team

i am up and down between 10 -20 in my silver :pac: i rarely play 1v1 (max 3 games a day) is a reason and the other reason is that i get random player from bronze-diamond lol. is abit confusing to me caused' i am not sure if i can macro up early or expect early all-in push(low league). what they usually do it give me a bronze/silver opponent matchup and if i win i will get a gold or above. trying to keep me at 50% win rate i think.

so Doc in your case maybe you are just the unlucky one that the system didnt find you some gold or above opponent :D

Currently first in my league

x2_2b4fcae

Doing well, from 20 games in the last 24 hours I've lost like 5, hoping to keep it up and build a point lead .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

TheDoc wrote: »
    Currently first in my league

x2_2b4fcae

Doing well, from 20 games in the last 24 hours I've lost like 5, hoping to keep it up and build a point lead .

god damn it.

I was about to come in and say i'm at the top of my league in silver division and have been trying to gnaw my way into gold or platinum.

Its getting so bad that I get 7-8 points per game at the moment :(

yeah my sig says i'm 4th but it seems out of date. http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/486486/1/DeKrieg/ladder/3036#current-rank

really annoying that I am on a 7 win streak and there has been no hint of being pushed anywhere...even when at least 3 of those wins were against gold standard players.

Maybe its because my 2v2/3v3/4v4 is so bad :(

edit:
    though we could make a good 2v2 team if we are around the same standard...nudge nudge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

really annoying that I am on a 7 win streak and there has been no hint of being pushed anywhere...even when at least 3 of those wins were against gold standard players.

If it's consistantly putting you against gold level players that means the system is working out if you are suited to the higher leagues. It all boils down to having a good W/L ratio at the end of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

B0X wrote: »
    If it's consistantly putting you against gold level players that means the system is working out if you are suited to the higher leagues. It all boils down to having a good W/L ratio at the end of the day.

bugger anyway, im being placed against lots of gold/silver players since I got promoted to plat. havent seen a sniff of diamond

You played me! I guess I'm just chopped liver.

*weeps*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you certainly think highly of yourself!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    god damn it.

I was about to come in and say i'm at the top of my league in silver division and have been trying to gnaw my way into gold or platinum.

Its getting so bad that I get 7-8 points per game at the moment :(

yeah my sig says i'm 4th but it seems out of date. http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/486486/1/DeKrieg/ladder/3036#current-rank

Maybe its because my 2v2/3v3/4v4 is so bad :(

edit:
    though we could make a good 2v2 team if we are around the same standard...nudge nudge

I have you on my friend list, you just fob me off when I ask :P

I don't seem to do great with two Terran but more then willing to give it a good run :)

It is very much about who you play against. I'm playing alot of people more favoured or even to me according to the system but I'm still getting alot of wins, loosing occasionally to stupid **** on my part.

But again no sign of promotion, although I'm still getting 25-30 points for a win, and building a substantial lead the the top.

Kinda want to stay there for a while, I'm not sure I'm ready enough to go gold, I need more time to train up macro control, and having a number 1 rank in anything is awesome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement