Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What league are you in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

As far as I know, if you keep winning it'll just keep matching you up against better and better people without promoting you. When it gets the stage where you have a roughly even win ratio over the last few games it'll promote you to whatever league the people you're playing against then are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

how the hell can i get demoted??

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

how the hell can i get demoted??

By having a roughly even win ratio against people in a lower league, same as promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just got promoted there to Gold, ranked 6th, well chuffed.

Hopefully can keep up the good form

* I see its a new gold league, so it will be up and down for a while*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

woot!played a few 1v1 just now and get promoted :P looks like my games against some gold/plat finally paid off now, so my theory was indeed right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Oh come on!!!

motherf*ckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm same as you blitz. Top of my silver div for over a week and have wins vs gold and plat and still nothing. My bonus pool is building up and I really feel like the system has forgotten about me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

BKtje wrote: »
    I'm same as you blitz. Top of my silver div for over a week and have wins vs gold and plat and still nothing. My bonus pool is building up and I really feel like the system has forgotten about me :p

Lol thought you were posting to tell us you finally got promoted to gold.. thats insane, will they ever promote ya??

This morning alone ive beaten a load of gold a diamond(tho he did discon :p) and lost to a plat and silver. I'm over 200 points more than 2nd in my division.

I feel like the boy that blizz forgot :p

• Advertisement

Guess all my whining paid off :p

Just got promoted to gold (finally) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gold. But I've beaten a ton of platinum players and been up to 1000 points. But then I lose to gold protoss on a regular basis :(.

Leads me to believe that placement only being 5 matches is a mistake and it de-values the league system somewhat. It should be atleast 10. I've played bronze players who were better than some of the dross in platinum. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

BKtje wrote: »
    Guess all my whining paid off :p

Just got promoted to gold (finally) :)

Celebrations!! now to get Platinum :-) I'm hating the diamond league.. I cant do any other strategy other than my Main one, or its insta lose!

I haven't even played a game in gold, decided to play a bit of 2v2. Don't think i want to go to plat to be honest ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think that the focus on 1v1 is bad, 1v1 seems to be degrading into a very fast, brutal game of Rock Paper Scissors and toeing the standard build as much as possible.

2v2 and 3v3 will, imho, prove to be the more strategic and fulfilling game in the long run.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I think that the focus on 1v1 is bad, 1v1 seems to be degrading into a very fast, brutal game of Rock Paper Scissors and toeing the standard build as much as possible.

2v2 and 3v3 will, imho, prove to be the more strategic and fulfilling game in the long run.

DeV.

2v2 and 3v3 is the most frustrating thing ever, it is literally mass cheese.

Me and my teams are doing well now, because we have coped onto building mass first tier units, then trasitioning into tech units.

1v1 is a fair bit random for no appararent reason. From 3 games tonight I've lost two, two games I should have comfortably won and have literally no explanation for the loss.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Does the person who chose Rock understand why Paper beat them?

2v2 and 3v3 (and wtf is there no 4v4 ladder??) are where the subtleties of the game will show imho.... its harsh when one of the team gets double/triple teamed but your team either has to react to it or go on the offensive.

1v1 is going to boil down to a predictable build order depending on your race and their race....

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apart from that lols game we played on Tuesday, I've never touched 2v2 or 3v3 - I'm presuming it's not much fun with randomers? That's what I've been telling myself anyway & why I've not played...

No, I wouldnt play with randomers tbh.....

I play 2v2 with Dav or Lucutus and 3v3 with the two of them. Its fun getting into the swing of things with a partner and developing tactics (this tuesday I was attacked by an atrocity, an abomination of Hydralisks being healed by medivacs!!!)

To me thats where the game lies as a fluid strategy and tactical game. 1v1 just seems like RPS.

DeV.

with randomers its ****ed up, I havn't had one decent partner yet, which is a pity.

You get paired against match made teams, which is absolutely ****ing stupid.

I'd rather play 2v2 all the time, unfortunately ive to wait for friends to come on, but I cant stand playing with random ****ters

team game is awesome when you have the right partner who can work with you :D

i actually prefer 3v3 to 2v2 if i am playing random. in 2v2 if the team mate is newbie then is gg no matter what you do. in 3v3 is it ok to have a newbie in team .4v4 random i simply think that is not viable to zerg lol

i treat 1v1 as a long term hobby (probably still gonna playing it for the next 10years :pac:), while it is fun to play team games now since the game is hot atm:D *raise hand if you understand how lonely the ladder game in warcraft3 in the last 3 years*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I find 1v1 far more fluid and dynamic than 2v2/3v3/4v4 which tend to be "mass this unit, a move."

1v1 started off as "mass this unit and move" until people started to beat that (which is easy enough if its a single unit strategy).

2v2 and more are only where 1v1 was when the Koreans took over :)

1v1 currently seems to have very few variations to it. I hate to say it but SC2 has none of the balance of SC1 and many issues including reducing it to a game of rushing for all but the diamond leaguers. I have stopped playing 1v1 now because its simply not an interesting game.

DeV.

x2_2c93838

My 3v3 team now top of our ladder.

Me, Rakshasa and Achilles, me and Rakshasa also got promoted to Silver earlier.

We are 17 wins for 8 losses 3v3

We are 14- 9 2v2

I'm also doing fair in my gold league since promotion

62-53 ranked top 20 most of the time

It's extremely rare that I come across someone that goes for an early game all in i.e 7 pool equivalent. The slightly later push e.g 4 warp gate/banelingbust/ 5 roach rush is definately common. The blizzard maps do not make as interesting games sadly, but there are some crackers to be played on metalopolis and desert oasis. At higher levels there are many builds but the majority of people don't have the multitask to use them.

The majority of the 4v4 games I played tonight (arranged team) were mostly us stomping people. We have a 22-3 record now afaik and there really isn't much 'interesting' about it compared to 1v1 imo. It's honestly just not that hard to play team games. 2v2 is cheesey as hell, some utterly terrible players at the diamond level that just cheese. 3v3 suffers somewhat from that. Whereas in 1v1 I went 1 base carrier (thanks day9! FFFFFF) earlier and somehow managed to win.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    probably still gonna playing it for the next 10years

True that, that is the really crazy thing.

I've come along way since I started, so plenty of years to get better yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I wanna see that replay of 1 base carrier!

One base carrier.... fwiw, the initial push fails miserably, a carrier just doesn't have the aoe damage required to beat a roach/hydra build zerg. If this happens to be the replay where we were testing vs a P 3gate/robo, my bad. Tell me and I'll upload the other.

i actually have one here :pac: the crazy toss friend is bored and went for mothership&carrier in 9mins!

so i get hydra to assist the attack and the first attack is basically gg but my friend's router is reset and dc. turned out 2v1 i still win:D

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    One base carrier.... fwiw, the initial push fails miserably, a carrier just doesn't have the aoe damage required to beat a roach/hydra build zerg. If this happens to be the replay where we were testing vs a P 3gate/robo, my bad. Tell me and I'll upload the other.
    Ok just looked back over this... if I hadn't missed a chrono or two on my carrier would have gotten there before his hydras popped... FFFFFFFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

I'm in Bronze in 1v1 and 2v2 but I managed to get into sliver somehow for 3v3 and now I'm scared to play 3v3 because I know I'll get relegated. Can't seem to get a 4v4 game going just keeps searching for players for ages...

• Advertisement

I'm in Bronze in 1v1 and 2v2 but I managed to get into sliver somehow for 3v3 and now I'm scared to play 3v3 because I know I'll get relegated. Can't seem to get a 4v4 game going just keeps searching for players for ages...

Hardly anyone plays 4v4 : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im dyin for some 4v4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I play mostly 4v4 and 3v3.

Platinum 1v1 (but I've only played like 20 games so that's pretty meaningless)
    Gold 2v2
    Gold 3v3
    Silver 4v4

And I'm in a load of random bronze teams where we mess around. I sort of like it the best in bronze, cause you can do ridiculous things.

And here are my stats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

pixelburp wrote: »
    Am only Bronze in 1v1; but I'm happy with that given how infrequently I play [...]

A quiet Friday in and a few SC2 games later, and I'm promoted to silver, yay! Finally; I was beating enough silver & golds tbh it took the system long enough to notice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paraxis

1000pt Diamond 1v1. But I'm paired against 1400pt players.... matchmaking sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just started playing two days ago. Low ranked Silver, poorish win record though that is improving quite rapidly. Still need to do a lot of work on my macro.

Have alot more platinum on my profile now thanks to some seriously good 2v2 and 3v3 teams, finding it more interesting then 1v1.

The variant in 1v1 with skill matchups is huge, I'm either playing someone I hammer or playing someone that hammers me, not having any hard fought games.

would have thought by now things would have levelled out a little, obviously needs more time to get accurate.

Sure Sc1 was ten years so I guess after a month I cant complain too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Scratch that, just reclassified as Bronze. :(

Weird, just had had an 8 game winning streak.

I was enjoying the game more at silver, not because I was winning, but I felt more at my level.

Currnetly in gold i'm being thrown in the mix against some serious heavy hitters in plat and diamond, or I'm playing bronze.

Where the **** are all the gold players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Diamond now beatches!

Xios wrote: »
    Diamond now beatches!

congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

1v1 Silver rank 9

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/570917/Chicks

Promoted from Bronze about 3 weeks ago, playing more now that I'm over the 'scared to play in case I lose' phase of being promoted :)

Pixelburp, we're in the same Division! :D

Chicks wrote: »
    1v1 Silver rank 9

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/570917/Chicks

Promoted from Bronze about 3 weeks ago, playing more now that I'm over the 'scared to play in case I lose' phase of being promoted :)

Pixelburp, we're in the same Division! :D
    Congrats - wow, that's kinda freaky :D I wonder if that's just pure coincidence or are the divisions split into vaguely similar geographic regions?

Interesting site you pointed out there; that's a nice graph I'm looking at, charting my history of games as a generally upward curve :)

Me and Funky got 2v2 Gold last night after a 4-1 placement

finished the night 7-1, high hopes for this team ! :P

Gratz! :D

I'm not sure how they split the divisions, but did you get promoted around the same time as I did? I noticed the league was sort of new when I joined it, maybe that's how we both ended up there :)

Earlier in the thread people linked to SC2ranks, thought I'd add mine too :)
    I dig that site, it's really awesome ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Apparently the requirements to go up a league is to be in the top 20% of your leagues area for a certain amount of time. This is your area leagues hidden rating and not your leagues "position".

That's as far as i can make out. Scource: http://www.sc2blog.com/

Yeah I just meant that I didn't know if they also split the divisions geographically between subregions of Europe, it's more likely that we're both there because we were promoted into a new division around the same time.

I read an interesting Ladder Analysis post a while back on Team Liquid which talks about the promotion/demotion process a little, it was pretty interesting.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118212

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I've been stuck in gold for ages.

http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/292916/puzl

I started off in copper back in beta, and qualified into silver on release and I've fought my way up to the top of my gold division. I'm slowly improving my macro and starting to get a good wins against the platinum players I get matched against so hoping to jump to platinum before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deadloc

Im a high Platinum player and only seem to be playing diamonds atm.

I want to enjoy the game. I take it to seriously when playing top players... :(

http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/1385676/Deadlocked

• Advertisement
Advertisement