Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What league are you in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Back into Silver. Took long enough to get out of Bronze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Deadloc wrote: »
    Im a high Platinum player and only seem to be playing diamonds atm.

I want to enjoy the game. I take it to seriously when playing top players... :(

http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/1385676/Deadlocked
    Trying to play competitively and laddering for fun do not mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just got my 100th win as Terran.

Now to decide what race yo play, my stats and league will take a hit but I dont care much, I'm at the point of getting promoted to Plat but I want 100 wins with each race, then pick one to stick with, or go random which sounds more fun.

But wha trace to pick, hmmm, Protoss seems more attractive, but with Zerg looking that tougher to manage, I'm thinking of gettin stuck in and out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Played my first 2 placement matches last night and lost them both.

Looks like I'm heading for the bottom.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Heres your twin!!

Played 2 earlier today. Wanted to get myself settled on a play style before placement. Mainly playing custom with mates or AI so far.

1: 5 pooled by zerg on Scrap station. (His BO was pool,drone,drone,zerglings)
    2: Xel'naga caverns, legitimate loss to a better terran, similar strats but his micro beat mine.
    3: Protoss on Scrap Station, got boxed into my main. Lost 2 expansions. On the back foot the huge time. He wasn't great either.
    4: Terran on Metalopolis. The guy used PFs with turrets! Never went beyond huge amounts of marines. Turtled then won with ravens.
    5: Lost to Portoss on Metalopolis. Oh well

So into Bronze I go. However my 1st 4 matches in bronze resulted in 3 wins so that helped my ego a bit. Time to slowly try to ladder up to Gold. "Aim high my son........."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

TBH it's a lot of fun learning the game while laddering, I wouldn't worry about which league you get placed in you'll move up easily if you happen to be in the wrong one and you'll have good matches if you're in the right one.

Yeah in fairness Sc2 is a long term project. I've not even hit 200 1v1 matches.

If I do the 100 wins a race thats 400 wins not counting victories then I can settle on something ;)

The way I see it, this season is for learning. I'll not worry overly about rank/division until after the next reset of the ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I wouldnt worry about any of that stuff until your playing alright in diamond to be honest. You learn by making mistakes. Your placement matches will probably be tougher than whatever league you end up in. They have to gauge you against a range of players

oh and i very recently got promoted to platinum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got promoted to gold rank 50. i am happy panda! :D

• Advertisement

Grtz man, I think I'm very close to a platinum boost, even with some Protoss games last night, was getting wins.

I find I'm beating alot of Plat players now where I was losing before, so fingers crossed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »
    Grtz man, I think I'm very close to a platinum boost, even with some Protoss games last night, was getting wins.

I find I'm beating alot of Plat players now where I was losing before, so fingers crossed .

cheers man, i was playing alot of plat when i was in silver, actually about 90% were plats :rolleyes:. then i lost 3 times to 3 plat and got putted in to silver, MM earlyish push when i expanded, then metropolisterran lift off in to high minerals, and then ofc anather mmm ball. :(

i thought i got them under control, but looks like not. DAMN YOU TERRANS! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I have been playing mostly as terran against AI. Decided it was time to play against real people. In my haste I completely skipped practise matches and went for placement.... as protoss.

Lost 4 won the last one. Placed in bronze.

Time to l2play for me I think.

Checked my relays.30 apm. There is the first problem. Need to get faster.

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Checked my relays.30 apm. There is the first problem. Need to get faster.

I'd guarantee you that it's not. APM only matters after you've the mechanics and the macro side of the game sorted and if you're anyway new to this style of RTS it's extremely likely this is where you're weakness lies. Watch a pro level replay, count how many units he has after X time. Then look at your replay and count at that time. You'll be shocked by how much fewer units you'll have than him.

First Diamond league with Funky 2v2

Carrying me up to the top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I'm silver in 1v1 and bronze in everything else. I'd say at the rate I'm improving that I'm about a gold standard.

Looking for a similar skill level players for 2v2 and 3v3. I want to improve and I can take constructive criticism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

im still bronze.. does anybody have any advice how to learn the game?

Im playing the campaign on normal mode now up from easy.. im thinking of playing the campaign on all modes to get experience and achievements.

I also play co - op against normal computers, and moving up as soon as i get all achievements.

What other ways are there to improve? I feel like im really good in co op and campaign.. but in multiplayer i just get destroyed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Got promoted to Gold now, straight in to the top 5; am very happy with my progress (bar the ass-whooping I got in BSL round 1 ahem) I owe it all to day9 tbh :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im still bronze.. does anybody have any advice how to learn the game?

Im playing the campaign on normal mode now up from easy.. im thinking of playing the campaign on all modes to get experience and achievements.

I also play co - op against normal computers, and moving up as soon as i get all achievements.

What other ways are there to improve? I feel like im really good in co op and campaign.. but in multiplayer i just get destroyed

you're going to have to get used to losing for the beginning :)

look at some http://www.youtube.com/user/SC2NoobSchool

or day9 day9tv.blip.tv

day9 does very good analysis of good games he's found online, and recentlyu he's started a 'newbie tuesday' where he does a show on some beginner stuff usually pretty interesting.

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3732340/

this one in particular is good for beginners

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

hey thanks for that! i already watched the nearly 2 hour mental checklist video over 2 days :) learned basic hotkeys from that

when i lost a multiplayer match (9 out of 10 matches) i save the replay and go over it.

im learning build orders from people that beat me... if i keep doing this and keep picking up little extra bits and things that improve me .. soon i will win a few more matches..

i find it really horrible to lose thats why i play the campaign and co-op because i play this game for entertainment!

maybe throw up a replay or two on the replays thread, so people can go over it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mordo

1v1 Gold
    2v2 plat (random)
    3v3 plat (random)

http://www.sc2ranks.com/team/6552684

if anyone was looking for some sparring , hit me up

Promoted to Gold. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Starting to struggle even in silver league now. I think watching too many pro games is making meworse as every opponent is cheesing and im trying to copy the pros. I dont want to cheese aswell so loks like I will be in bronze soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Stuck in the bronze league, keep getting people who I'm supposed to beat, so every time I win I get like 4 points and every time I lose I lose 20 :P

Slowly but surely as they say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Starting to struggle even in silver league now. I think watching too many pro games is making meworse as every opponent is cheesing and im trying to copy the pros.
    Having that problem too. Am trying to follow my BO and build up an army and economy at the same time when i get cheesed. Its getting really frustrating at the moment. I'm actually enjoying the games where I get beaten 'properly' because at least it was a challenge that I lost.

Getting pissed off now. Just lost 10 in a row...... at least only 4 were to gateway rushes. First proper gaming session in about a week.

Im beginning to hate seeing 'slightly favoured' over my name. Its as if B.Net is telling me I should be getting better at the game.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Bronze league. Don't know why I'm sucking so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

1v1 platinium : but i gave up on trying to get promoted. Playing and winning vs diamond players fairly often now but still stuck in plati...so now i m learning to play T and i lose a lot :)

2v2 : diamond with AureS
    2v2 random : plati , been rank 4 of my div for ages, with like 60/40 : promote me bnet!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Bronze 4 life. Can't see myself getting out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Make sure to scout and you won't lose to cheese ever again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Bronze 4 life. Can't see myself getting out of it :D

Slowly creeping up the league in Bronze, only thing is that I've not played against anyone in Silver but have been beating top5 bronze players.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

i'm frightened by the low number of diamond players on here
    come on guys, were are irelands finest :D

1v1 diamond 2300+
    2v2 diamond 2300+

if any platnium or higher players wannt practice with me, give us a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Finally after 6 months with the game I've managed to claw my way out of Platinum and into Diamond!

Hopefully it won't take another 6 months to get into the Masters League!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Still in Bronze despite beating numerous silver players again and again.

Regarding early aggression, build a bunker - problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

"Reclassified" to Bronze over the weekend! :eek: I'm worse than I thought :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

got promoted in Gold recently...
    it's the end of my bronze era i guess.

My friend account is now in plat, aiming to do the same with mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just did my five placement matches. Ended up in bronze as expected. Didn;t play particularly well but finished with two wins so not all bad!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Did the five placement matches with a buddy - bronze with 0 wins. The only win we've picked up in 7 was a bit cheesy :( 2v2 really is a different beast. We could have had one win but didn't push home our advantage.

🤪

Main account in plat, i have to improve a lot if i want to reach diamond :s

• Advertisement

Just got into diamond \m/

****ing finally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Just got into diamond \m/

****ing finally

he cheated!

reached diamond yesterday **** yea.
    1 month + after the lan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

grats phisku!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I was in bronze for ages but then I acutally went and learnt some build orders and in about 30 games i was moved to Silver and then Gold (and now playing against plat players!) :D

Build orders in question:
    Roach Speedling All in v Protoss - This is leathal. It's so effective that I havent lost a single game using this... not a single one! I'd love to see my WL ratio against protoss. It's not even very all in either, if they hold with cannons you'll usually have done so much economic damage that you can steamroll them a minute or two later.

7 Roach Rush and Expo v Terran and Zerg - Effective enough, i'd say I'm winning 60-70% of those match ups now

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Been playing this since Christmas, Only really getting into the mechanics and such. Been playing mostly 2v2. I find 1v1 extremely stressful:o

Over the last week though i have gone from rank 22 in my Bronze league to 2nd today. Hoping i can round out the week by getting to 1st. Only 200 points off at the moment.:)

lol
    you're gona be in for a nasty surprise when you log into sc2 next :)

B0X wrote: »
    I was in bronze for ages but then I acutally went and learnt some build orders and in about 30 games i was moved to Silver and then Gold (and now playing against plat players!) :D

Build orders in question:
    Roach Speedling All in v Protoss - This is leathal. It's so effective that I havent lost a single game using this... not a single one! I'd love to see my WL ratio against protoss. It's not even very all in either, if they hold with cannons you'll usually have done so much economic damage that you can steamroll them a minute or two later.

7 Roach Rush and Expo v Terran and Zerg - Effective enough, i'd say I'm winning 60-70% of those match ups now

Roach all-ins in every match-up - you sound evil. Very evil.

Lost to mass hellions and vikings (and one horrible misclick) - still got promoted to gold. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

diamond_standard.png

Advertisement