Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best spot to see planes landing at the airport?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Where is the best place to park up and see the planes landing around the airport? The closer to the runway the better.

Good directios might be needed as I'm not really familiar with the area.

Cheers :cool:

Actually scrap that. After a little searching on boards I found the answer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The road parallel to the runway is probably the best bet. Going north, if you take the old N1 (the road that goes past the Omni shopping centre) and turn left at the lights just before the airport that'll bring you right onto that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pithater1 wrote: »
    The road parallel to the runway is probably the best bet. Going north, if you take the old N1 (the road that goes past the Omni shopping centre) and turn left at the lights just before the airport that'll bring you right onto that road.

is that the little road with the stream behind it?

thats where i used to go

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

Cheers. think i got all i need!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to park up and see the planes landing around the airport? The closer to the runway the better.

Good directios might be needed as I'm not really familiar with the area.

Cheers :cool:

Actually scrap that. After a little searching on boards I found the answer!

There is a back road called Naul Rd, it leads on to the R108, It's right in line with runway 34...see map, I think its the nearest you are going to get

http://maps.google.ie/maps?rlz=1T4GZAZ_enIE381IE381&q=dublin+airport+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Dublin+Airport,+Co.+Fingal&gl=ie&ei=x85uTJfRJYuRjAeN9_D6CA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

is that the little road with the stream behind it?

thats where i used to go

Thats the one. Remember my dad bringing me there when I was a kid, after a round of pitch and putt at Santry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement