Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD running slow.

Options
  • 20-08-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I bought a Crucial C300 128GB SSD and I'm getting very slow speeds which I can't improve.
    I have an Asus P7P55D-E which has a SATA 6.0Gb/s connector and I'm using the correct SATA cable,I've also set the Marvell SATA controller to ACHI mode and disabled USB 3 as well.

2el8ja1.jpg

It's my first SSD so hopefully I've just missed something small,Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I changed the I/O level up settings and managed to improve the things but I'm still way off the claimed 355MB/sec read speed and 140MB/sec write speed.

2chw7qf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try this and post the result:
    http://www.hdtune.com/

5o78er.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Did You update the firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

I would try it on the Intel SATA and compare

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Did You update the firmware?

It came with the latest firmware on it.
    jspuds wrote: »
    I would try it on the Intel SATA and compare

I might give that a shot but the Intel SATA can't read faster than 255MB/sec so would it be worth it?

Advertisement