Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 gigs

Options
  • 20-08-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭

Heard Bon Jovi and Acdc will be heading back to our shores in 2011. Hopefully we might also see Metallica, Iron Maiden and Def Leppard return also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

AC/DC is highly unlikely as they've just finished a 2 year tour and would only be playing if they are on tour again, but hopefully I'm wrong! Heard Tom Petty might finally be playing over hear, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

top petty legend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I hope Radiohead come back again. Their album is supposedly out sometime in the Winter, so if that does happen, a Summer tour is pretty likely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Hopefully Neil Young will be back to tour his new album too. Same with big Leonard Cohen! (Although the latter has been here quite a lot recently so maybe it's a bit unlikely.)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Kylie Minogue has announced a few gigs in Feb in Germany. Hoping for some Irish dates as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A lot of rumours about Van Halen over the last few months about what they are up to. Hopefully they will record a new album and get back on the road and include Ireland on any tour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

rednik wrote: »
    A lot of rumours about Van Halen over the last few months about what they are up to. Hopefully they will record a new album and get back on the road and include Ireland on any tour.

Would be great!;)
    DylanJames wrote: »
    Heard Tom Petty might finally be playing over hear, fingers crossed!

Wow, last seen him here back in '92 on 'The Great Wide Open Tour' and he was great, hasn't played here since, he's got a new album out with the Heartbreakers called Mojo so would be great if they cross the pond!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I would love to see Elbow come back and headline somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Would love Arctic Monkeys to come back, they're not great live but the crowd is always good. They haven't toured the last album very much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Kasabians new album will be out so I assume they'll be touring.
    The Strokes are on the same boat as Kasabian I think.

I would love to see Eminem back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

One of my favourite albums of the last 12 months is Cradlesong, so I would love to see Rob Thomas pay us a visit. He is still touring the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sufjan Stevens would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

r.e.m. will also be back next summer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sufjan Stevens would be sweet

More than likely we'll see him next year. Be strange if he didn't tour europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

lordgoat wrote: »
    More than likely we'll see him next year. Be strange if he didn't tour europe.

thanks I was very close to a flight to Us to see him
    decided it would be a bit much for a weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sufjan Stevens would be incredible
    QOTSA would be fantastic
    Weezer touring Pinkerton would be special
    Field Music playing Crawdaddy again would be nice as I'll miss them in September

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

RUSH! :D

I don't know why Tom Petty has ignored us since the Into the Great Wide Open tour. He did two Point shows that time, so it's not as if there was a lack of interest.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Off the top of my head Id be extremely happy with the following ...

Roger Waters - The Wall Tour - O2 May - confirmed
    Rush - Time Machine Tour - European Tour in 2011 very likely - fingers crossed for an Irish date but I will travel
    Iron Maiden - O2 Jan/Feb - strongly rumoured
    Crashdiet - Dublin date in 2011 - maybe !! DublinMetalEvents alreadylooked at bringing them here in Oct but the dates didn't suit.
    Tesla - anywhere in Ireland - or maybe even the UK - very unlikely :(
    Fish - his last Dublin gig in the Sugar Club was excellent - who knows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

RayCon wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Id be extremely happy with the following ...

Roger Waters - The Wall Tour - O2 May - confirmed
    Rush - Time Machine Tour - European Tour in 2011 very likely - fingers crossed for an Irish date but I will travel
    Iron Maiden - O2 Jan/Feb - strongly rumoured
    Crashdiet - Dublin date in 2011 - maybe !! DublinMetalEvents alreadylooked at bringing them here in Oct but the dates didn't suit.
    Tesla - anywhere in Ireland - or maybe even the UK - very unlikely :(
    Fish - his last Dublin gig in the Sugar Club was excellent - who knows ?

Roger Waters - def going
    Rush - will also travel
    Iron Maiden - rumoured support for this tour (if happens) is Dream Theatre, will travel
    Weezer - Pinkerton tour, will travel
    QOTSA - Oz dates February, may do more Europe next year

Can see myself seeing thoe bands next year!

Advertisement