Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Millar

• 15-08-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of this kid? Young white rapper out of Pittsburgh just released his first mixtape on Rostrum Records and its getting rave reviews in the states.

http://www.datpiff.com/Rostrum_Records__Most_Dope_Mac_Miller__KIDS.m143884.html

I downloaded it myself and have to say I am quite impressed. Tracks like "Kickin Incredibly Dope ****", "Nikes on My Feet", "The Spins" and "Kool Aid and Frozen Pizza" are very enjoyable and that was just on my first listen.

He is talented and predicted for big things, check him out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fantastic free download. few of you probably have it already, saw a few of his videos posted in a young MC's thread a while ago.

20100813-KIDS.jpg

get it here from the 2 Dope Boyz website.

well worth 3 minutes of your time and 57.7mb of your interwebs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Merged these threads, thanks for the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Cheers, this isn't too bad

Nice beats ( really like how he flipped the Lord Finesse - Hip To Da Game beat on Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza ) but I dunno he's doing the exact same thing that the likes of Curren$y, Starlito and Wiz are doing, except he isn't near those guys - still not bad for an 18 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Cheers, this isn't too bad

Nice beats ( really like how he flipped the Lord Finesse - Hip To Da Game beat on Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza ) but I dunno he's doing the exact same thing that the likes of Curren$y, Starlito and Wiz are doing, except he isn't near those guys - still not bad for an 18 year old

Yeah i first heard about him from Wiz Khalifa's twitter. Suggestions that he will be involved with Taylor Gang and they are from the same area so they are bound to work together soon and working with them should be good for him.

Really loving The Spins, Nikes on my Feet and Koolaid & Frozen Pizza. My standout tracks from the tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

You guys heard these yet? Its amazing a young emcee that seem to know something about real hip hop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

He's Good ...

This is the 3rd thread made about him.

I made a thread when i downloaded K.I.D.S. There are opinions in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

a link wud of been nice but cheers any way

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Merged the threads into one Mac Millar super thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Not mad about his flow, need to listen to K.I.D.S though. Smoke DZA, Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa makes superior stoner Hip-Hop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He is class.

Johner wrote: »
    He is class.

This.

One of my favourite rappers at the moment. Getting bigger and bigger all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He is unreal, really love his style. Pity he didn't come to Ireland as part of his European tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

hes awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nice beats. Decent flow. Stupid content. Clunky metaphors. Annoying videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Been listening to his stuff for a while now.

His beats are quite good but I'm not overly gone on his rapping style tbh.

The beat to Nikes on my Feets is fantastic though

I like Mac Miller, but some of his stuff is very forgetable. There are about 7 songs from Best Day Ever which are really good. The rest are just average.
    I think he has a great flow and has something to say, he has cut down on the tweed references which i like.
    On paper, i shouldnt like him. I was even showing my missus some of his videos and she couldnt understand why i like him.

His new track off upcoming mixtape '92 till Infinity'. Bound to go down well here as its produced by DJ Premier.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

His new track off upcoming mixtape '92 till Infinity'. Bound to go down well here as its produced by DJ Premier.

Not bad at all, I think he has done more stuff with Premo for the Blue Slide Park album as well.

Didnt know he was dropping a new mixtape either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I quite like that tbh

Nice chilled beat behind it and his lyrics seem better than usual imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This kid is great, first heard about him when he released "Donald Trump" earlier this year, have his 3 most recent mixtapes in my iTunes and listen to them all the time. He gets better and better, I think his album will be great, really looking forward to it and the new mixtape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Check out his track "Snooze" that my fav.

YungJoshy wrote: »

Nice. Love that track too.

Outside, Ride Around and Best Day Ever are probably my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He's gooooooood. So many great young people coming through in hip hop right now. Exciting stuff.

YungJoshy wrote: »

Great track, don't have a particular favorite song of his but that ones definitely up there.

Mac just dropped a new mixtape on Twitter, "I Love Life, Thank You"

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?bf05ek1q3l7htnw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Do you not find him mad cringey though? His delivery is bad enough but he drops some proper clunkey lyrics that make you just wonder how the **** anybody listens to him.

• Advertisement

Do you not find him mad cringey though?

No.

Advertisement