Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce - Houston - **Spoiler alert**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah dammit!! Can someone change the title please? It's on tomorrow night, not tonight, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thank jesus!You scared the crap outta me :pac:

Thanks Cowz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

This should be an entertaining card. I think Mo will take Feijao but I can't call the Jacare-Kennedy fight, that should be a great fight. It will be interesting to see if Gurgel finally uses his BJJ. If he doesn't and tries to stand with Noons then it's going to be an easy fight for Noons. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cormier and Galvao fights. This will be Cormier's third fight in less than a month!

Hard to get excited for the Lashley fight at all, has it been a year or two since Griggs fought or something like that? Hopefully this will be the last can Lashley fights for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ceauke

Hey, can some change the title please. It's tonight not tomorrow :D

Any stream/tv/timing info will be welcome too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be the last can Lashley fights for a while.

yeah bit annoyed by this fight , seen all of his fights so far, and have been impressed somewhat, and while I can understand his stance of wanting to build up his game etc etc and not wanting to go the Brock route or what ever. I no longer think it's a valid stance for him, Brock as shown he's credible long ago , while Lashley is still on the fringes.

I predict nothing but a win for him , and a quick one at that. He really needs his metal tested after this.

Is he still pro wrestling? I seem to recall he was doing a stint with T'n'A recently enough? Now for me it don't matter a damn but I'm sure in many eyes that damages his credibility in MMA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

calex71 wrote: »
    Is he still pro wrestling? I seem to recall he was doing a stint with T'n'A recently enough? Now for me it don't matter a damn but I'm sure in many eyes that damages his credibility in MMA

He took a break from TNA around January and both sides expected a return at some point back then. He said afterwards that TNA had released him without really telling him though. It was only really one day every two weeks that he did pro wrestling, not a huge strain on his MMA training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fozzy wrote: »
    He took a break from TNA around January and both sides expected a return at some point back then. He said afterwards that TNA had released him without really telling him though. It was only really one day every two weeks that he did pro wrestling, not a huge strain on his MMA training

Ah Ok , my concern was not him Pro Wrastin' but how much he was putting into MMA

I can understand why he continued wrestling, it simply paid the bills. For him to pay for the level of training he was receiving and to keep up what I'm sure was a lavish lifestyle, he needed the pro-wrestling pay check. And he seems to love pro-wrestling, so why not.

The only problem I have with Lashley is the level he's fighting at. He only seems to want to fight cans or big names, no inbetweeners. He just seems to want to protect his name until he can get in with Rogers, Overeem or Fedor. I think this is obvious from his prefight interview with Ariel Helwani where when questioned about Bautista he laughs him off and says he doesn't want to fight him, but if pushed he will as long as its his next fight because he feels he needs to move onto bigger and better things, but when asked about Del Rosario he gives a much more ambiguous response.

He fights can after can. Rogers would have been a perfect opponent for him in this fight but no. Can anyone tell me if Werdum has the WAMMA belt?

• Advertisement

He fights can after can. Rogers would have been a perfect opponent for him in this fight but no. Can anyone tell me if Werdum has the WAMMA belt?

I don't think it was on the line, even though it was made seem like it was at the press conference and weigh in pics. Not like it really matters, WAMMA is a joke, has there website even been updated in the last year? I thought the idea of WAMMA was great, even without the UFC's involvement, but as an organisation they're simply incompetent. I don't even think Aoki's WAMMA title was on the line against Melendez?

Hey Cowz or other mod, can you change the title to Strikeforce: Houston - SPOILERS

thanks

Sherdog have a play by play here: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Strikeforce-Houston-Results-amp-Live-Play-by-Play-730-pm-ET-26384

And they will be streaming 2 fights live.

If anyone knows sites streaming the whole thing, please please let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

How many of ye are actually stayin up to watch?:D

Well i'm at work for the night so can only watch it through a stream or get updated by the play-by-play (how exciting!)

Would it be worth it?

To be honest I don't have a clue. I never watched a full Strikeforce event but 2 title matches should be good. I'm trying to get into it more so I know who the guys are when playing EA MMA game coming out soon haha.

Definitely worth it. Some great fights on this card. Mo is usually very exciting, bar the Mousasi fight, plus Jacare and Kennedy are two top middleweights at the moment. Gurgel always tries to bring the fight and Noons is probably the best boxer in MMA with an good all round game too.

I'l stay up for it depending on a stream....hint hint. PM please :pac:
    I just like watching MMA doesn't matter who's fighting. The surprise element is what counts, like when someone catches the other guy on the chin and he drops like a sack of spuds can't beat that feeling, other than doing it yourself.

Stream up on Sherdog right now but its extremely slow. Will go look for another one

http://www.sherdog.com/events/Strikeforce-Houston-14023

I just like watching MMA doesn't matter who's fighting. The surprise element is what counts, like when someone catches the other guy on the chin and he drops like a sack of spuds can't beat that feeling, other than doing it yourself.

Never done it myself(Yet) But will do when im older and have fights with headshots!:D

• Advertisement

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Never done it myself(Yet) But will do when im older and have fights with headshots!:D

Haven't done it in MMA either. Kickboxing and Boxing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Only time ive ever done it is against some french guy who rocked me with a knee.i juat started swingin and the ref pulled me off him. got up and saw he was out. cant really remember the feeling though ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

anything apart from sherdog ?

Link on Sherdog is now working:

Sherdog.com Live Stream

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Link on Sherdog is now working:

Sherdog.com Live Stream

Is that all they're showing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Is that all they're showing?

Yes, main card starts at 3am.

I think so :(. I was looking for streams but couldn't find any legit ones, sucks!!!

As soon as it goes on showtime there will be a few popping up.

What a Pointless Stoppage IMO.

• Advertisement

That fight should have been stopped in the first 30 secs! Are Spoilers okay yet? just in case:
    both fighters had chances to finish. Patino didn't look good at all yet he caught Galvao with a couple nice shots in the first. Unless he told the ref he gave up, ref was right beside him but he looked like he was trying to spin out of it. Strange stoppage indeed!

I agree. I think he was shielding the blows with his hand and the ref took it as a signal.

Cormier vs Riley

I don't know either of em but i'm liking Cormier for this!!

Another quick stoppage....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: Replay he went foetal.
    EDIT EDIT: And Titoed Tapped

Cormier vs Riley

I don't know either of em but i'm liking Cormier for this!!

Fukkin Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

hahahahahahahahah

i THINK we have just seen the next person to vacate the strikeforce roster for the UFC

• Advertisement

Another quick stoppage....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: Replay he went foetal.

He tapped

EDIT: Just saw your edit :)

please just cut this guys mic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Too much on my mind to sleep tonight. might as well watch,

Awwwwwwww I want more!!!!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    please just cut this guys mic!!!

It's Pat Miletich. :pac:
    He doesn't have a play by play announcer with him. Which is ridiculous. He's horribly monotone and shows no interest in the fights.

• Advertisement

Was it just for that Sherdog stream or is that the commentating for the main card? couldn't even hear the crowd, not the best watch but mad for a stream for the main card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Was it just for that Sherdog stream or is that the commentating for the main card? couldn't even hear the crowd, not the best watch but mad for a stream for the main card

Nah it will be Miletich, Mauro Renallo, and Stephen Quadros, maybe Frank Shamrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Sopcast stream probably should work.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/24267

It's offline now but it should be working when the main event starts

Sopcast stream probably should work.

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/24267

It's offline now but it should be working when the main event starts

I saw that alright but It says I need to download a player, can't install anything on this computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

I saw that alright but It says I need to download a player, can't install anything on this computer.

Try this
    http://www.firstrow.net/sports/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

so are we using spoiler tags or do people have enough sense to not look in here.

Reached maximum number of viewings for my country???!!!

dammit! Ya, feel free to post spoilers unless anyone strongly argues it?

just for this boards reaction i hope some day UFC main event Brock vs Bobby for the Heavyweight title :D

So, anyone watching this? Any streams where no installing exe's needed?

if i hear the word economical once more i'll buy frank shamrock a thesaurus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement