Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce - Houston - **Spoiler alert**

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, anyone watching this? Any streams where no installing exe's needed?

Are you at work or something? Sopcast is a tiny application and will download and install in two minutes and will work perfectly then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Are you at work or something? Sopcast is a tiny application and will download and install in two minutes and will work perfectly then.

Yupp, can't install anything. this sucks!!

Found a link.

http://www.iilemi.com/7497/1/Watch-Strikeforce---Lawal-vs-Feijao/

what just happened in the fight!! :eek:

Lashley so nearly saved by the bell. Good fight all around, maybe we'll see more of Griggs. Can't help but think Scott Coker and company won;t be happy that one of their draws has been beaten by an MMA journeyman.

Talk about saved by the bell!!!.......oh wait aaaaaaawwww poor Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Found a link.

http://www.iilemi.com/7497/1/Watch-Strikeforce---Lawal-vs-Feijao/

what just happened in the fight!! :eek:

Bobby some good takedowns. Gassed himself by it all and was throwing pillows from mount.

mmalinker has the lashley fight up already. I'm just gonna watch on this tonight I think, laggy stream is driving me crazy!

Not like a strikeforce fight to be stemmed in controversy...

Can't wait to see Kennedy getting his "American Hero" arse kicked.

• Advertisement

most pre planned interview EVER

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Not like a strikeforce fight to be stemmed in controversy...

Man you're not joking!!!! What do ye make of that??!!! bad reffing? good sportsmanship? Illegal knee????

It's just the epitome of what strikeforce is slated for.

The commentators are bad now during the MW fight round three around :45 seconds. Playing the national hero defending our country. RUNNING THROUGH BULLETS crap

completely forgot about my laptp. thats what night shifts do to the brain!!! sopcast installed watching the last round live now! thanks for the link man

Wow they're itching for kennedy to win!

Neither should get the title and both should be in that MW title tourney next Strikeforce!

• Advertisement

agree, miller is my personal pick out of strikeforce.

Entrance only, cung le second.

MMA Junkie reckons draw. Kevin Iole reckons 49-46.

Good fight but not at all impressed with the overall standard of either of these two. Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawlor, Babalu would give both these fighters a run for their money.

Yanks are gonna riot in Texas tonight!!!!

I disagree, because he is good at BJJ shouldn't mean he is automatically good at taking down. That's wrestling ,while there are certain aspects it's more about control while on the ground and on your back.

The MW title contendor tourney should be class altogether!

Mo or Feijao????

• Advertisement

Just to top it off as a bad night for strikeforce. Rafael by dominating with takedowns on the ground :D

What a ridiculous entrance hahaha

i think mo is in trouble...

Yupp Feijao looking very solid. WTF was Mo doing when he was doing the naked terminator crouch in the middle of the cage and then circling around getting up??

Some lovely knees from Feijao

1-1 I think Feijao is done

OH CRAP!!.

Thought that should have been ended earlier. But fair play to Big john he gave him a chance.

im lagging by 30 secs. OVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Wow Feijao came out blazing in that round!!!!

Mo's main problem was going in for those stomach shots. Idiotic considering some of the knee's he had already been hit with earlier in the fight.

Twice now he has mentioned the fact a fighter is a black belt but their striking was great. :D

Ya, watching it back he was wide open to the knees/ And they said he wants to go HW to fight the likes of Fedor HAHA.
    Does Dana White let the Nogs go to Strikeforce to watch their boy?

• Advertisement

Ya, 2 black belts in BJJ with zero bjj on display haha.

I'm not sure i think i recall GSP being at strikeforce once

I see Dana trying to take Feijao as he said he is happy to sign strikeforce champions!

Watching Strikeforce makes me wish I was watching UFC.

overall it wasn't too bad in terms of fights. Decisions will linger over the event and Scott Coker won't be too happy at the fact two marketable fighters lost. Expect to come out with the " This is why MMA is so great and unpredictable ".

Bobby vs Batista next, double KO in rd 2 via gassing :P

SDTimeout wrote: »
    overall it wasn't too bad in terms of fights. Decisions will linger over the event and Scott Coker won't be too happy at the fact two marketable fighters lost. Expect to come out with the " This is why MMA is so great and unpredictable ".

Bobby vs Batista next, double KO in rd 2 via gassing :P

HAHAHA now that would be a matchup!

Ya King Mo keeping LHW alive and they basically gave Time the title shot (instead of making a title tournament) just so the american hero would be champ. Big backfire haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Does Dana White let the Nogs go to Strikeforce to watch their boy?

Yeah he can't stop them, sure Nate Diaz was in the cage after Jake Shields won his fight with Hendo, also was involved in the brawl with miller. Shields,Melendez& The Diaz Bro's are from the same camp, so i'd imagine its ok by Dana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Thought that was a great card, really enjoyed all the matches. I didn't see the prelims though. Delighted for Feijao and Jacare. Really impressed with Feijao's wrestling defence, very surprised by that, and what a finish. Great way to end the show. I think that result helps Strikeforce's LHW division no end, really opens up alot of possible match ups and puts Babalu back in the title picture if he wants to stay at 205. Liked humble Mo after the fight too! Looking forward to a Jacare/Kennedy rematch too, whenever that happens.

So surprised with Griggs taking the win, I reckon Lashley will be much more open to the idea of fighting Bautista now! The Noons/Gurgel fight was a strange one with the knock down after the bell and then the illegal knee. The knock down obviously affected Gurgel coming out for the second round, gotta wonder what would have happened if that didn't happen.

I thought the production was much better on this show than previous shows. Only problem I have is Gus Johnson, the guy clearly has no enthusiasm for the sport. Someone needs to give the lad a 6 pack of Red Bull before he goes on air.

Edit - Just watched the two fights shown on Sherdog. Cormier really is walking through anyone put in front of him, he must be looking for a step up in competition. It'll be interesting to see whether he can stay at HW given his height or does he drop to LHW. Strikeforce's HW division is really healthy at the moment so him dropping down could really bolster the LHW ranks.

As for the Macaco/Galvao fight, what a pointless stoppage. Sure, Galvao was more than likely going to go on to win anyway, but Macaco wasn't taking any big shots. I'd like to hear the refs rationale for stopping the fight. A couple of dodgy ref performances during the show, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Poor card. Lashley is crap. And Strikeforce need to stop announcing him as a 'former two time WWE World Champion', fair enough announce him as a former WWE performer but the champion part is completely irrelevant.

Big talking points in the Noons-Gurgel fight and then Gus Johnson decides not to bother even mentioning them in the post fight interview. So amatuerish. With a punch after the bell and an illegal knee they could have started promoting a rematch right there.

For a middleweight fight title that was pretty poor stuff and didn't really do anything to create some excitement around the division.

They also had pre-taped interviews running over the start of a round, it's a only a little thing but it adds up. I thought they came across as really second rate last night which is a shame because they are capable of putting on a very good shows.

Thought the same. Production was fairly shoddy. I enjoyed most of the fights but from the commentator to the ring announcer, it was just really 2nd rate. I felt like they were trying to make Tim Kennedy their poster boy and have more people tune into strikeforce with an 'american hero' as a title holder but that backfired.

Sherdog has an attrocious post fight interview with Noons where the lady is asking him about the punch after the bell of the first round. I thought he had swung before the bell rung but Noons said he hear the bell and wanted one last shot. Then she asked him about the illegal knee which she referred to as the 'illegal punch'. Are you kidding me Sherdog? When an mma interviewer doesn't know the difference between a knee and a punch, then its time to go.

I'll be tuning in for the MW title contendor tourney run next month but it would have been so much better if they made it the title tourney instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thought the same. Production was fairly shoddy. I enjoyed most of the fights but from the commentator to the ring announcer, it was just really 2nd rate.

This has been strikeforce from day 1, worse than UFC was back in the day, Frank Shamrick can't be listened to, hearing "Frank you know all about this" is hilarious , yeah you know about being beat up .

Are they going to have an actual tourney in one night deal ? or a you win you fight the winner on the next show deal, even Dream have dropped this due to the likelyhood if injury making it farcical in one night. They still do it over one night in K1 but even then it's not credible imo. As the best man rarely wins, Just the man who takes the least damage on the way to the final.

I think they are going for a one night tourney, which being Strikeforce MW, would actually have a good list of fighter. Ya though, they would need a miracle to pull it off. I'll def be tuning in (online :) ) if they announce a one night tourney.

Ya, like one poster here said, he he heard Frank say 'economical' one more time haha, What was with the bicycle phrase as well, 'oh he's on the bicycle now'.

Oh, can someone tell me why Fedor isn't/wasn't HW champ in SF? I know he lost to Werdum but if he was undefeated before then, shouldn't he have had a title shot sooner? Thanks for clearing up.

Alastair Overeem has been heavy weight champ since 2007 and has defended it a grand total of 1 time!!!! That time the 1st time he fought for strikeforce since winning it !!!!!!!

Joke of a title as it stands at the moment, almost as bad was Fedor and Aoki's WAMMA belts which see the light only slightly more often.

Oh the Bicycle thing is a common enough expression, when a fighter is moving back a lot ie back pedaling, there was a famous one there in the ufc were the fighter spent the entire fight running away from his opponent, names of those guys escape me but the fight was last year / year before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

calex71 wrote: »
    there was a famous one there in the ufc were the fighter spent the entire fight running away from his opponent, names of those guys escape me but the fight was last year / year before?

Kalib Starnes, in a fight against Nate Quarry i think.

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Kalib Starnes, in a fight against Nate Quarry i think.

AH thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

so much to criticise about strikeforce production where do you start, but sometimes you get good fights so always worth watching.. Gus johnson is terrible, its "MMA Gus" not fu*kin boxing and frank shamrock mumbles, drives me nuts. Tim Kennedy fight was borderline dull, didn't impress me much, even though he has had 200 sniper missions as a green beret, at least the "King Mo" and Noons fight were worth a watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Oh, can someone tell me why Fedor isn't/wasn't HW champ in SF? I know he lost to Werdum but if he was undefeated before then, shouldn't he have had a title shot sooner? Thanks for clearing up.

Overeem is their champion, but as mentioned, he hadn't fought for them in nearly three years until he fought this year against Rogers. They'd been trying for a long time to get him on a show but his commitments in Japan and a hand injury prevented it from happening. They could have just put Overeem vs Fedor this year, but the Strikeforce fans wouldn't be familiar with Overeem so they wanted him to have a fight first before they matched him up with Fedor. I'm pretty sure that Fedor's management didn't want him fighting Overeem in his first two fights for Strikeforce either

WHAT!! so the best p4p fighter in the world isn't his promotions champ for that reason. Strikeforce is a complete joke and Fedor is a joke for not going to the UFC. Before I thought Fedor was staying with a proper company and was admirable but cmon ffs. I didn't realise it was this bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

WHAT!! so the best p4p fighter in the world isn't his promotions champ for that reason. Strikeforce is a complete joke and Fedor is a joke for not going to the UFC. Before I thought Fedor was staying with a proper company and was admirable but cmon ffs. I didn't realise it was this bad.

I don't get why it's a joke? Who is to say Fedor would have beaten Overeem if given the chance? It's smart business by Strikeforce not to have given him a title fight at the time considering the type of contract he has with SF. Last thing they need is another champ to leave with the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Wonder what will happen here. Anyone read anything else about this, it's the first time I've seen it.

http://www.mmatko.com/both-kj-noons-and-king-mo-lawal-caught-using-illigal-compressed-oxygen/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Fromvert wrote: »
    Wonder what will happen here. Anyone read anything else about this, it's the first time I've seen it.

http://www.mmatko.com/both-kj-noons-and-king-mo-lawal-caught-using-illigal-compressed-oxygen/

That article title is misleading. The TDLR said that there is no issue with using compressed oxygen before a fight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement