Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motor tax

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Thats all well and good for car drivers....But it would cost more for us bikers in the long run as an extra few cent on petrol will end up costing more than €75 a year on motor tax

I commute forty miles a day on my bike and use 24 litres of fuel/week. If the tax on fuel was increased to €0.05c to cover road tax that would be €65/year for me. I have two bikes and three cars and I'm tired of paying tax on idle vehicles. For once I agree with Kamikazi <looks outside for flying pig - nope none there...>

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 NitroHead91

I commute forty miles a day on my bike and use 24 litres of fuel/week. If the tax on fuel was increased to €0.05c to cover road tax that would be €65/year for me. I have two bikes and three cars and I'm tired of paying tax on idle vehicles. For once I agree with Kamikazi <looks outside for flying pig - nope none there...>

'cptr

With "Buffo" as taiseach the fuel increase would be considerably more than 5c....they already taxed petrol in the previous budjet, increased it by 10c a litre !!! And thats not even considered as a road tax....If they where to increase petrol prices and abolish car tax, i would expect at least a further 10c increase per litre ( Only a 5c increase would result in a huge loss of revenue )

But for the likes of you who own several vehicals it would work out cheaper.....Unfortunatly only a small minority of people have the luxery of owning several vehicals, and majority always rules......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 NitroHead91

It would prob be fair to reduce motor tax by 50% and increase petrol by 2 or 3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Personally I'd like to see motor tax abolished in place of a few cent extra on every litre of fuel, the more you use the more tax you pay, simples.

That's far too sensible a solution for this government though.

always thought that was the way to go, but what would they do with the 600 (?) people who process the existing system, probably just pay them as usual like they did with the disbanded health boards

Advertisement