Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMCS BOOK EXCHANGE!

Options
  • 20-08-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hello people!
    I'm Lisa, one of the Reps for the incoming EMCS year 2.
    Myself and Laura decided this would be the best way of setting up an exchange between now past students and the current EMCS peeps.

Basically I'm going to post a list of all the books we are required to have so far (we are still waiting on some booklists). Then students who have any of the books and would like to sell can post what they have and how much they are looking for, and wait for offers from the current students.
    You can then organise amongst yourselves how to make the exchange, obviously the handiest way would be to meet at the college itself.

It's a good way of us current students to save a few bob on the ever increasing amount of books we have to buy, and for you past students to make a quick buck! Any questions? PM me or Facebook message myself or Laura!

Cheers lads!

Popular Cultures
    • Cultural Theory and Popular Culture: An Introduction (Ed. John Storey, Longman, 2009). Any edition is acceptable
    19th Century Literature
    • Charlotte Bronte, Villette (1853)
    • Charles Dickens, Hard Times (1854)
    • Sandra Gilbert and Susan Gubar, The Madwoman in the Attic (1979)
    • Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D’Urbervilles (1891)
    • Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary (1857)
    • Rudyard Kipling, Kim (1901)
    • Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White (1859) and The Moonstone (1868)
      Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886)
    Political Economy & Globalisation
    • Bourdieu, P., Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste (Harvard University Press, Massachusetts 1984)
    • During, Simon, The Cultural Studies Reader (London: Routledge 1993)
    • Harvey, David, The Condition of Postmodernity, (Oxford: Blackwell 1989)
    • Kirby, P. et al (eds), Reinventing Ireland: Culture, Society and the Global Economy (Pluto Press: London 2002)
    • O'Hearn, D., The Atlantic Economy: Britain, the US and Ireland (Manchester University Press 2001)
    • Storey, John, Cultural Theory and Popular Culture: A Reader (London: Prentice-Hall 1998)
    • Tomlinson, J., Cultural Imperialism (London: Pinter Publications 1991)
    Renaissance Studies
    • Thomas Kyd, The Spanish Tragedy
    • Christopher Marlowe, The Tragicall History of Doctor Faustus
    • William Shakespeare, Othello,
    • John Webster, The Duchess of Malfi.
    • William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing.
    • The Norton Anthology of English Literature, vol.1
    • Elizabeth Cary, Mariam in S.P. Cesarano & Marion Wynne-Davies, Renaissance Drama by Women: Texts and Documents. London: Routledge, 1996.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Also, any other students from EMCS who have anything to sell, post it up here! And other students who are looking to buy, feel free to make offers. This is not exclusively for EMCS Yr 2, all EMCS students are welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Absalout K

hello there!! I just finished EMCS and was looking to offload this absaloute library of stuff I've gathered over the years! It'l take me all day to list what I have so send me an email or a message! Its 0857859255.

Peace! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Nicholas Mirzoeff's 'VISUAL CULTURE READER'
    2nd ed.

€15
    PM if interested!

Advertisement