Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSc (Pharmacy) from India

Options
  • 20-08-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Folks,

A close friend of mine studied a B.Pharmacy in India, Is it possible to become a registered in Ireland (PSI) if she obtained the relevant work exp.? I believe she needs to complete twelve months practical training in an approved establishment & Pass the Society's License Examination.
    Her main concern, is a Qualification from India accepted under industry standards.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Jesh1 wrote: »

Folks,

A close friend of mine studied a B.Pharmacy in India, Is it possible to become a registered in Ireland (PSI) if she obtained the relevant work exp.? I believe she needs to complete twelve months practical training in an approved establishment & Pass the Society's License Examination.
    Her main concern, is a Qualification from India accepted under industry standards.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

contact the PSI they can let you know straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Quick answer: No.

A Pharmacy degree from India will not be accepted for entry to the Pharmacy Internship Programme. For this purpose, the PSI only recognises 3 degrees, namely the Pharmacy degrees from TCD, UCC and RCSI.

I know a Canadian guy who was a fully qualified pharmacist over there. When he came over here, they allowed him straight into thefinal year of the BSc (Pharm) programme in TCD, and then he had to complete the Pre-Registration year (as the Internship was called at the time).

The situation would probably be something similar for an Indian graduate, but, as Frodi says, contact the PSI for the lowdown.

Advertisement