Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so I went a got myself a bike

• 20-08-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Now all I need is some training program for it? Does anyone know any good ones floating about the internet

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If you're in Carlow, I'd recommend hooking up with Carlow Road Cycling Club, they've beginners spins on Sunday Mornings (I know I watch the fookers coming back through the window at work). This worked best for me with my club in Kilkenny.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Would love to but unfortuntely I'm stuck looking out a work window on sunday morning the same as yourself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If you're ever interested in a spin let me know, my days off are during the week usually. I have monthly train ticket to Carlow so no worries (although I'd probably cycle up anyway.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

sharky86 wrote: »
    Now all I need is some training program for it? Does anyone know any good ones floating about the internet

Training plans need to be tailored to the individual and to their goals. What level are you at, and what do you want to do?

At this time of year most of us are just trying to hang on to whatever form we've build over the summer and get through to the winter without getting burnt out or browned off... then it'll be a matter of building a base for next year. If you start a program in earnest now you run the risk of being in shape by the time it snows in January and then trying (and failing probably) to hold on to that through the spring.

If it's a new bike and you're new to cycling I'd say just go ride it. Explore the surrounds, find some nice routes and like minded folks to ride with. Just enjoy it. Leave the organised training for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

If you're ever interested in a spin let me know, my days off are during the week usually. I have monthly train ticket to Carlow so no worries (although I'd probably cycle up anyway.

Cycle from way? Will prob take you up on that someday!:D
    niceonetom wrote: »
    Training plans need to be tailored to the individual and to their goals. What level are you at, and what do you want to do?

At this time of year most of us are just trying to hang on to whatever form we've build over the summer and get through to the winter without getting burnt out or browned off... then it'll be a matter of building a base for next year. If you start a program in earnest now you run the risk of being in shape by the time it snows in January and then trying (and failing probably) to hold on to that through the spring.

If it's a new bike and you're new to cycling I'd say just go ride it. Explore the surrounds, find some nice routes and like minded folks to ride with. Just enjoy it. Leave the organised training for a bit.

Nothing competive yet. Am aiming to complete my first try next spring and want to just get my fitness up, followed by speed over 20k

• Advertisement
Advertisement