Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Wireless Slow Down

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Trying to figure out this problem for a while now:

Hardware Macbook Pro Unibody and Macbook Late 2007
    Both Running 10.6.4
    Netopia 2274 Router (Motorola)
    3Mbs ADSL Internet Connection

What basically happening is that when the Unibody Macbook Pro connect to our wireless Internet connection is causes a serious slow down in loading webpages, viewing youtube and so on...

I've verified this by toggling wireless on and off on the Pro and my Macbook hits normal usable speed.
    Restarted both PCs and Router, changed wireless channels to see if that would help but nothing.

What else can I do?

Never had this problem until lately. Both Macs were working for 9 months off said router

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How does the Unibody peform when connected by itself? Is it trying to download updates I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

No its not downloading updates. This has been happening for the last week. Also using a Ethernet connection but the problem persists.

Advertisement