Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Dialer

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a GSM dialer plugged into my telephone for cheap mobile to mobile calls.

Is there a network code to turn off caller id?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The dialler is on your landline? From a landline you dial 141 before the number to hide your number.

To go private from a mobile, you dial #31# before the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I believe the landline prefix codes are 141 to hide and 142 to reveal (if you're ex-directory).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the dialler is using a sim card. Take the SIM out , put it into a mobile & change the caller ID settings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

koolkid wrote: »
    If the dialler is using a sim card. Take the SIM out , put it into a mobile & change the caller ID settings there.

I will try that tomorrow and let you know

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

That didn't work, I guess it must be phone set each time adding the code to block the caller id.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you change setting to don't send or set by network. ?

That only has any effect when you use that mobile phone, the setting doesn't get stored on the SIMM so if he takes the SIMM out and uses it in a different appliance the setting doesn't carry. He either needs to get the network people to change the setting on the account to hide his number (don't send) every time or prefix every outgoing number with #31#

I find the settings do carry. As does whether the SIM pin is turned on or off.
    Have used this method in standalone diallers we use.

The 'Send caller ID' setting does not carry and I've just verified it with a single SIMM and two mobile phones - Nokia E51 and E55.

I checked the 'Send Caller ID' setting on the E55 which had the SIMM inserted, changed the setting to 'No' i.e. never send caller ID. Then I swapped the SIMM into the E51 and checked the setting which the phone said was set to 'Set by network' so I changed it to 'Yes' i.e. always send, then swapped the SIMM back to the E55, checked the setting and it was still set to 'No' so the setting remains unaltered in the phone and is not carried by the SIMM.

Strange.. I have done this numerous times. It always works .

• Advertisement

Update:
    I have done a bit more investigatiing onto this & here's what I found.

Used 2 phones Samsung Galaxy & Samsung Pixon
    1 Digi Astec D2M
    1 SIM Vodafone Bill Pay.

1>Turned CLI and SIM Lock off on Galaxy.
    Placed SIM into Pixon
    Result CLI & SIM Lock remain on
    2>Turned CLI and SIM Lock off on Galaxy.
    Placed SIM into D2M
    Result CLI & SIM Lock remain off

It appears if the SIM is placed into a device which does not control these settings then it uses the last settings applied.

Advertisement