Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradesmen working for cash

Options
  • 20-08-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Can anyone tell me the going rate for a tradesman working for cash at the moment?? A daily rate.....I really feel Ive been stung by a "mate"!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Depending on the trade obviously, but imo, would rekon e100 a day would be about right. If we knew what the 'job' was might be able to be more specific

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Why specify "working for cash"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

€100 a day ok, wondered myself.
    Whats the deal with getting a quote then saying "now I would like a receipt" but being told ahh sure it'll be 21% extra then, like they shouldnt be quoting the proper price in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Could be €80 a day, or less, given that a lot of them have forgotten what to do, as they've been doing diddly-squat for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

80 quid are you mad ?

If you didnt know the person 100 is good.

A full days work would invovle alot of work, you wouldnt expect someone to concrete a drive for 100 or 80.

I would say time pegged against diffulculty with a little common sense can work out a price.

By the way there is no going rate for a job( small exceptions), theres a going rate for employees pay, not for work done. Every job is different. Negociation is the key

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

johnnyjb wrote: »
    80 quid are you mad ?

If you didnt know the person 100 is good.

A full days work would invovle alot of work, you wouldnt expect someone to concrete a drive for 100 or 80.

I would say time pegged against diffulculty with a little common sense can work out a price.

By the way there is no going rate for a job( small exceptions), theres a going rate for employees pay, not for work done. Every job is different. Negociation is the key

skilled work will be charged higher than unskilled labour but its hard to guess without knowing the trade

if ur paying cash cause hes on the dole/rent allowance/medical card as well offer him 60 or 80 quid a day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,549 ✭✭✭✭looksee

if ur paying cash cause hes on the dole/rent allowance/medical card as well offer him 60 or 80 quid a day ;)

Or doesn't want to pay tax/VAT or pay an accountant to sort it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue.

There are dedicated forums over in Home & Garden - have a look there.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement