Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points will HEAR knock off?

• 20-08-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

If I'm like 25 points away from a course is there a chance that I'll get it? Or should I not even get my hopes up... I meet all the course requirements etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What points is the course currently at.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

360...and I got 335.

Yeah, you should get it. The fact it was over 300 and you got over 300 aswell meant you have a very strong chance getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Very strong chance of getting it OP. When I got mine four years ago, I had a 110 points knocked off my first choice :eek:

Raedwald wrote: »
    Very strong chance of getting it OP. When I got mine four years ago, I had a 110 points knocked off my first choice :eek:

Are you serious?

EDIT: I am 120 points before points deduction off my #2 choice at the moment.

• Advertisement

Cool...thanks. I know I should still not get my hopes up but it's just nice to hear it from someone else. I just...really want it. Repeating isn't the end of the world or anything and if it came to it I'd do it, but obviously would just prefer to get what I need.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

uhh that is a complete joke

WOW!! What was your course choice and how many points did ya need?

Mwah wrote: »
    uhh that is a complete joke

It is fair. Some people just don't have the necessary resources or are just not capable of getting the full points for the courses. Thats where HEAR and DARE access programmes come in.

If it wasn't for DARE, I wouldn't be going to a university.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

unknown13 wrote: »
    It is fair. Some people just don't have the necessary resources or are just not capable of getting the full points for the courses. Thats where HEAR and DARE access programmes come in.

If it wasn't for DARE, I wouldn't be going to a university.

I wasn't capable of getting the points for my course yet someone who got lower than me and applied for the same course has a chance of getting it?
    That isn't fair at all. I don't go to some private school or have hundreds of euros to get grinds or have these resources you're talking about yet i have to work harder? The should get their fees payed but getting points reduced is a joke

• Advertisement

I wasn't capable of getting the points for my course yet someone who got lower than me and applied for the same course has a chance of getting it?
    That isn't fair at all.

That is life. Can be unfair at times and in this case it is unfair to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    WOW!! What was your course choice and how many points did ya need?

The course Construction Economics and Management ( basically Quantity Surveying ) in DIT, at the time it was 440 points, I got 330 points.

I never took up the course as my heart wasn't in it at the time, but I have the feeling I was only offered it because there was not enough people going for it. This is only an assumption of mine mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

That isn't fair at all. I don't go to some private school or have hundreds of euros to get grinds or have these resources you're talking about yet i have to work harder? The should get their fees payed but getting points reduced is a joke
    Agreed. To me this seems completely ridiculous. Very unfair to those who might have gotten a course if it was 5-10 points lower, which it might be without those applicants taking up a place which they haven't earned as much as the student who just missed out.

Advertisement