Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROBOROVSKI HAMSTER ESCAPED IN SHED WHAT TO DO?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone i was wondering if anybody could give me any tips to find her thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is the shed itself secure, are there any holes or gaps in the door etc.
    A humane mouse trap might work but it would need to be checked very regularly.

Keep the hamster cage on the floor with plenty of food in it, when the hamster is hungry he might climb back in.

There's a method to catching hamsters using a ramp and a bucket once the hamster gets into the bucket it can't get back out. If you google that it should come up how to do it.

In the mean time be very careful when opening the door, be careful when moving stuff around the shed.

Best thing to do is to start moving everything to one end of the shed and check behind everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 david sherwin

Thanks for the advice Sigma Force i am going to try that trap out now thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

just get a loan of a ferret, problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

If you have any garden chairs with spongy stuffing the hamster may have made a little nest in the back of one.

It will look for somewhere soft and sheltered so check those areas out first.

It could also be in a flower pot but when you find it, (and you probably will) you will be amazed at how resourceful they are.

He will probably have brought a lot of food and bedding to his new abode!
    Good luck!

Advertisement