Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about repeating.

• 20-08-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Is it possible to repeat two subjects only? Or do you have to repeat everything? For example, I was really unhappy with my Accounting and Business results.. would I be able to repeat them only next year and then add them to my results from this year? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You don't have to repeat all your subjects, but the answer to the last bit of your question is no. You can only use points from one sitting of the Leaving Cert. Otherwise you could do two subjects this year, then two next year, and the two the year after, get an A1 in them all and end up with 600 points!

You can use subject requirements from other sittings of the Leaving Cert (if you're not doing medicine), but not points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

telephone wrote: »
    Is it possible to repeat two subjects only? Or do you have to repeat everything? For example, I was really unhappy with my Accounting and Business results.. would I be able to repeat them only next year and then add them to my results from this year? Thanks.

no
    Points are counted from one sitting only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You can repeat them if you need them for entry requirements- ie. If your course requires a HC3 or whatever. You can only count points from a single sitting of the leaving cert, however. You can't combine points from seperate years.

Advertisement