Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreading Monday....

• 21-08-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone else feeling sick of the thought of CAO places comin out on Monday?? This is my 3rd year in a row waiting for them and the feeling of dread gets worse eash year!! What makes it even worse for me is that for the last 2 years I've had the points for the course I wasnt to do....but didn't realise it was actually what I wasnted to do and had it further down my list of choices!!! Hindsight is a great thing.....

Really hoping to get Nursing in Dublin or Dundalk but only have like 10points leeway on last year!!

Some guy put up a photocopy of the paper last year that had the points on it round 4 30am! Really hoping somebody will do that again this year. I've tried ringin round places to see what time papers come in at but they all said like 7am....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Yea im ****ting about Monday as well!!! Im also hoping to do nursing and im really anxious about the points which will be required :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I am pretty nervous! Think it might be an all-night affair as I probably won't be able to sleep if I tried :) In the unlikely event UCD Science stays under 420 I will be thrilled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Relax the cacks dude, it's not the end of the world. Have a nice lie in and chillllll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

AH92 wrote: »
    Yea im ****ting about Monday as well!!! Im also hoping to do nursing and im really anxious about the points which will be required :(

Ooh where u hoping to do nursing? Yeah, its so unpredicatble! They say there's record number of applicants but they dont do a breakdown so its so hard to know!!

Conor108 its definately gonna be an all night affair!! Least we'll have other people on boards to help keep us somewhat sane :P if thats even possible! Damn CAO...why couldn't they come out the same day as results? or even the day after.

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Relax the cacks dude, it's not the end of the world. Have a nice lie in and chillllll.

This.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

I have to say I'm dreading Monday to. I have honestly no idea what to expect but I'm trying not to think of it too much. I got 415 and I'm hoping to get either computer science in trinity or ucd. I really hope I have enough points. Best of luck on Monday

pbowenroe wrote: »

Chance would be a fine thing :P Are u waiting on an offer too?

Same to you Doritogasm!! Hope all goes well :)

Chance would be a fine thing :P Are u waiting on an offer too?

I've two offers through the ucas thingy but, considering my results I don't think I will get them. I've applied for early childhood education in cork so fingers crossed for that. But seriously , people need to relax and be like this polar bear.

relax.jpg

before you ask yes i have been drinking

• Advertisement

im hoping to do nursing either in trinity ,ucd or dcu but trinity is my 1st pref. !! I got 410 so im hoping for the best :@)

im hoping to do nursing either in trinity ,ucd or dcu but trinity is my 1st pref. !! I got 410 so im hoping for the best :@)
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Yeah im really scared about monday! I got 355 and have wanted 2 do marketing in DIT sooooo badly and worked really hard! It was 375 last year so defo wont get it, so prob get retail and services management which was only 330 last year!

emmacxxx wrote: »
    Yeah im really scared about monday! I got 355 and have wanted 2 do marketing in DIT sooooo badly and worked really hard! It was 375 last year so defo wont get it, so prob get retail and services management which was only 330 last year!
    Dont%20be%20scared%20i%20love%20you.png_thumb.jpg

Ooh very nice. I've 395 so kinda pushin it. ah well. just see what happens I guess! Hope the weekend goes quickly!! Hope ya get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Everything works out good in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

I feel so sick about it like !.. It's the longest weekend in history !

Ooh very nice. I've 395 so kinda pushin it. ah well. just see what happens I guess! Hope the weekend goes quickly!! Hope ya get it :)

cheers mate same to you too!!! tbh i'd say you have a good chance of getting into ucd!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

In fairness, it's hard not to be wound up about it, but it won't actually help.

Try to keep yourself distracted ... go out with friends, springclean your room, go swimming / playing sport, whatever. Actually, the more exercise the better, as it will not only occupy your time but tire you out and help you sleep.

In fairness, it's hard not to be wound up about it, but it won't actually help.

Try to keep yourself distracted ... go out with friends, springclean your room, go swimming / playing sport, whatever. Actually, the more exercise the better, as it will not only occupy your time but tire you out and help you sleep.

Yeah, gonna try keep myself occupied. Ended up comin home sick from work today I was so wound up! Going to the Dublin semi final tomorrow so hope that distracts me for a while!! Have to come up with a plan for 2m night!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah, gonna try keep myself occupied. Ended up comin home sick from work today I was so wound up! Going to the Dublin semi final tomorrow so hope that distracts me for a while!! Have to come up with a plan for 2m night!!!

Me too, see ya there! great way to spend the time :)

I'm a little nervous, just hoping the course I want doesn't go up by more than 35 points!

I feel so sick about it like !.. It's the longest weekend in history !

yes, yes it is goddamnit!:mad:
    Me too, see ya there! great way to spend the time :)

Up the Dubs!! They so better win!! Gonna be yough though :S

I'm a little nervous, just hoping the course I want doesn't go up by more than 35 points!

What ya hoping to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 koolkitty

Anyone else feeling sick of the thought of CAO places comin out on Monday?? This is my 3rd year in a row waiting for them and the feeling of dread gets worse eash year!! What makes it even worse for me is that for the last 2 years I've had the points for the course I wasnt to do....but didn't realise it was actually what I wasnted to do and had it further down my list of choices!!! Hindsight is a great thing.....

Really hoping to get Nursing in Dublin or Dundalk but only have like 10points leeway on last year!!

Some guy put up a photocopy of the paper last year that had the points on it round 4 30am! Really hoping somebody will do that again this year. I've tried ringin round places to see what time papers come in at but they all said like 7am....:mad:

OMG! Same here..sorta..its my second time waitin 4 d offers...and i want nursing and i reckon i cud b offered dublin r dundalk too...:D

What ya hoping to do?

Science in Trinity, hopefully i'll get it. Good luck with nursing!

Yeah it's going to be a tough game alright! if they play well, i'll be happy but it'd be brillant if they win :D A good way to keep us occupied anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Dublin won't win ;)

Im not that nervous about it.. but like I feel I should be :O

Im going for Arts in UCC.. I got 400points and Arts is 360. I hope it doesnt go up too much!

koolkitty wrote: »
    OMG! Same here..sorta..its my second time waitin 4 d offers...and i want nursing and i reckon i cud b offered dublin r dundalk too...:D

Ooh cool! I've UCD as my first choice but to be honest if I get it I doon't care which one its in!!!
    Science in Trinity, hopefully i'll get it. Good luck with nursing!

Yeah it's going to be a tough game alright! if they play well, i'll be happy but it'd be brillant if they win :D A good way to keep us occupied anyway.
    My friend is going into 3rd year and she loves it!! Hope u get it!
    Haha, yes it would. Haven't been to a match in so long cause of work so I made sure to get it off!! Can't wait for it :D
    cork*girl wrote: »
    Dublin won't win ;)

Im not that nervous about it.. but like I feel I should be :O

Im going for Arts in UCC.. I got 400points and Arts is 360. I hope it doesnt go up too much!

Ooh and the rivalvry begins :P Are u travellin up for the game? Sounds like u should be fine. Though its so unpredicatble!! I just finished 1st year arts in Maynooth. What subject combo u thinkin of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Ooh cool! I've UCD as my first choice but to be honest if I get it I doon't care which one its in!!!

Haha, yes it would. Haven't been to a match in so long cause of work so I made sure to get it off!! Can't wait for it :D

Ooh and the rivalvry begins :P Are u travellin up for the game? Sounds like u should be fine. Though its so unpredicatble!! I just finished 1st year arts in Maynooth. What subject combo u thinkin of?

Nah, no money :( We should fly it though ;)

Im thinking of Geography, History, Politics and another teaching subject but I'm not sure which one.. I was going to do English but I'm not really sure about it.. I'm not great at English like. Any suggestions!?!

Thank you! Yeah it should be brillant, the atmosphere will be even if the game isn't :p
    cork*girl wrote: »
    Nah, no money :( We should fly it though ;)

We'll just have to wait and see :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Given it has 330 or so places for TCD science shouldn't jump up that much. The median points last year were 485 provided you have that I'd say you're ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Caffro

Have 260 points and a FETAC level 5 award. Hoping to get into Blanchardstown IT this year doing Computing!

Really excited guys, good luck to everyone :D

Advertisement