Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreading Monday....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Craguls wrote: »
    Given it has 330 or so places for TCD science shouldn't jump up that much. The median points last year were 485 provided you have that I'd say you're ok.

I got 475 so a little under the median but hopefully I'll still be ok. It's the waiting and not knowing that's getting to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClaireXx

anyone know what time the offers are online from?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

ClaireXx wrote: »
    anyone know what time the offers are online from?

6am my friend... Or 2am on here if that petition goes ahead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pineapple123

I have to say, I wasn't nevous for the actual results because I thought I wasn't going to get anyways near what I wanted, and now that I did, I can't sleep, I get a sick feeling when I think about it...

I heard a theory recently, maybe someone could confirm it? If points are going up, the courses with lower points are more likely to rise more, then course with higher points? Like, it wouldn't be a massive surprise to see a course for 200 points rise by 80 points, wheras it'd be a bit of a shock to see a course for 515 rise by 30?! I don't know if I even understand what I just wrote there, but if you get me let me know what you think?! Ugh..so NERVOUS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

My sister's hoping to get nursing too! She has 400 points and has TCD, UCD, DCU, and Dundalk in that order. Do yous think it will go up like 20 points? I really hope it doesn't! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KingLear

Got 560, and Primary teaching is 480. Gonna have the most relaxing weekend of my life.............sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ricadoo

Got 490 and doing Chemical Sciences in UCC, which, last year, was only 330 points so hopefully it won't rise by 160! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can I just remind some of our newer members that textspeak is unwelcome on this site? :)

Good luck, everyone, and try not to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I got 495 and am hoping for Primary Teaching but i don't think that i'm going to get it. I wasn't expecting to get 495 or anywhere near enough for primary teaching so i'm more nervous now then when i was getting my results. Just looking forward to getting it all over with haha

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

0f4e3f23da719e46278982e590645fe7.gif
    Grace16 wrote: »
    I got 495 and am hoping for Primary Teaching but i don't think that i'm going to get it. I wasn't expecting to get 495 or anywhere near enough for primary teaching so i'm more nervous now then when i was getting my results. Just looking forward to getting it all over with haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

cork*girl wrote: »
    Nah, no money :( We should fly it though ;)

Im thinking of Geography, History, Politics and another teaching subject but I'm not sure which one.. I was going to do English but I'm not really sure about it.. I'm not great at English like. Any suggestions!?!

Wow, how many subjects do you do? I did Geography, Maths and Psychology. Loved Geography, maths was very tough and psychology was interesting but really hard work!!

KingLear wrote: »
    Got 560, and Primary teaching is 480. Gonna have the most relaxing weekend of my life.............sweet :D
    ricadoo wrote: »
    Got 490 and doing Chemical Sciences in UCC, which, last year, was only 330 points so hopefully it won't rise by 160! :P

Lucky ye guys! Fair play to ye for the great points!
    Grace16 wrote: »

Hopefully that'll see you in. My cousin was on the threashold last year at 475 I think. But she got in. You have gotten a fantastic leaving so fingers crossed for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ricadoo

Lucky ye guys! Fair play to ye for the great points!

Thanks a lot ToodlyWoodly!! ;)

Serious countdown begins now guys and gals!! Best of luck to everyone. As my sister said...whats meant for you wont pass you by....here's hoping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I'm absolutely freaking out. My no.1 choice is science in NUIM. I'm short 15 points from last year. Is there a chance the points will go down? It's been 350 for the last 3 years AFAIK. :(:(:(

lalee17 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely freaking out. My no.1 choice is science in NUIM. I'm short 15 points from last year. Is there a chance the points will go down? It's been 350 for the last 3 years AFAIK. :(:(:(

Aw who knows...this year it could be different :)

Advertisement