Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing an I Grade

Options
  • 21-08-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

If you fail and i-grade do you get another chance to repeat before the semester starts or do you have to repeat the year/do a link in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

If you fail and i-grade do you get another chance to repeat before the semester starts or do you have to repeat the year/do a link in?

I-Grades are awarded when special circumtances exist that prevent you from attending or affected you during your end of semester exam. If your QCA is still above 2.0 after the awarding of an I-Grade then there is no need for you to do a repeat exam, but if your QCA is below 2.0 you will have to complete a repeat exam for that module. Because you were awarded an I-Grade you will not have to pay for the repeat exam and the exam will also be uncapped meaning you can achieve up to an A1. If you fail the repeat exam you will be given the same options as anyone else who fails. eg. Repeat the year, repeat the semester, link-in module, or drop-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Simply put, No. You only get one chance at this exam.

Advertisement