Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samuel Morse 4.25 Curragh

Options
  • 21-08-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Is the best horse in the race imo, anyone know why he's 7/1 on PP and bigger on Betfair? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Probably because Glor Na Mara is in it, a horse that the Bolger yard regards as good an animal that they've had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Samuel Morse was ahead of Glor na Mara in June though. I'm forgiving him his last run as he didn't give his running on that ground. His form with Formosina looks the pick of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Verance wrote: »
    Samuel Morse was ahead of Glor na Mara in June though. I'm forgiving him his last run as he didn't give his running on that ground. His form with Formosina looks the pick of the race.

Well good luck to you if you back Samuel Morse, a definite positve is that the Ballydoyle runners have being prepped to peak for the mid to end of season races. Think i'll sit this one out and just watch it.

Ok, average bet on the nose and a larger bet on place on Betfair for me. Huge price for a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

There are only 7 runners so the place is 1-2. If it was a few months ago I would have agreed with you but Samuel Morse seems to have gone backwards. He has raced 6 times already this year so that suggests he is a bit off the top level. The 2 market leaders could be anything. Glor na Mara finished second in the best 2 year yr old race of the season and had Samuel Morse 6 lengths behind him that day. Nothing to suggest a reversal of form as SM is fully exposed.

Pathfork bolted up at the Curragh on Oaks Day, and was well backed. Won by 4 lengths ahead of the Galway winner Robin Hood. He looked something special and that is why SM is 7 to 1. Cant see him doing anything today and seems an average horse, well short of the top. I fancy Robin Hood to finish ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Verance wrote: »
    Is the best horse in the race imo, anyone know why he's 7/1 on PP and bigger on Betfair? :confused:

He's 7/1 because he's up against what could be two very smart horse's in Glor Na Mara and Pathfork ! And the best form is the race is Glor na mara's second to Zoffany who is the best 2yr colt this year! Although i just favour Pathfork as Bolger's horse had a tough race last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Also Glor na Mara was having his first ever race course appearance that day so it is forgivable that he didn't win a G3 on debut.

Beaten well for the place really, Pathfork very well backed into 10/11. Onwards and upwards!

Advertisement