Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry or Physics course in a year?

• 21-08-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hello, so Im headin' into leaving cert unfortunately and was wondering weather or not it would be possible 2 get either the chemistry or physics course done in a year? :) Or maybe physchem but I asked that already :pac: Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

i know this doesn't help you much, but i'm planning on taking physics in a year and i'm really hoping it's possible

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I did Chemistry in two years outside school, but it's definitely possible to do it in one. Get yourself a good teacher to go to once a week, and do consistent study during the year, and maybe some more at Halloween, Xmas, Easter, and you should be OK. Are you particularly interested in Chemistry or have you another reason for wanting to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 l.c2010

Just did my leaving cert there. Did both physics and chemistry and it would defiantly easier to do physics in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

If you like the subject, Physics is definitely doable in a year. There's about 10 broad topics in it (at HL) plus experiments. If you work hard I'm sure you can do it :)

Aside from the experiments, each topic can be classified into definitions, calculations and STS (science, technology and society). There's not much more to them really. The only thing is that you must like it, otherwise you probably won't understand it, and it's not a subject you can do well in just by learning off stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If you had a decent teacher for phys-chem an A1 is very get-able. Its like pass physics and pass chemistry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Did chemistry in a year, got an A2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'd say physics Is doable - but your going to have to work like **** at it - no nights off from it.... if you can understand it it'll be grand but there's still a fair bit in it - but it's doable I'd say...

Advertisement