Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i put my copy of Office on a netbook.

• 21-08-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭

I use a student and teacher version of Office on my laptop.
    Will i be able to use this copy also on a netbook.
    Or do i have to fork out for a new copy for the netbook.

I understood that the S and T edition can be put on a few machines is that correct?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If I remember correctly my licence allowed for one main PC and one other "portable" machine so I would say yes, if your netbook can handle it work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Great, thanks.
    Actually what's the easiest way of putting it on (if there's no cd drive on the netbook).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Copy the disk to a USB stick (on the laptop) and install from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Make an image of the disc on your laptop using software like ImgBurn (free and highly recommended). Download here.
    Here's a guide to the process.

Copy the image onto a USB Drive (memory stick or external drive) and copy it onto the netbook.

Mount and run the image on the netbook using free software such as Virtual CloneDrive.
    Install the software and when you mount the ISO image it should automatically start the Office setup process.

If you need any help send me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont they provide downloads now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Make an image of the disc on your laptop using software like ImgBurn (free and highly recommended). Download here.
    Here's a guide to the process.

Copy the image onto a USB Drive (memory stick or external drive) and copy it onto the netbook.

Mount and run the image on the netbook using free software such as Virtual CloneDrive.
    Install the software and when you mount the ISO image it should automatically start the Office setup process.

If you need any help send me a pm.

Don't need to do all of this, just copy the contents of the CD using Windows Explorer (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C) to the USB stick, insert the USB stick in the netbook and run setup.exe.

Did this last week to repair Office on my netbook, takes < 5 minutes to copy to USB stick ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Thanks to everyone for your help.
    Once i know it can be done, that's great.
    I'll take a look at that guide as well.

Advertisement