Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue screen on Sony Ericsson

Options
  • 21-08-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

I've got a Sony Ericsson W200i (yeah, it's a few years old) that was working fine this evening, took it out of my pocket a few hours later and the screen is dark blue.
    Turned it off and on again, no difference.

Apart from that, it's working OK, once I managed to enter the pin I was able to make a call OK, so it's just a screen issue.

Based on that vague description, does it sound like a hardware issue? Any chance charging the phone overnight/taking the battery out for a bit/flashing it/chanting mystic verses over it will help?

Annoying thing is I was planning to replace it with a HTC Desire when the new version comes out in about a month, so don't really want to go spending money on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You might be ok, i think its just a software problem with this tyoe of issue, normally goes white or lines if its hardware. Flash it, and see if you get on ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

OK, that sounds hopeful. Um, how do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

tvm for that, upgraded the firmware but no joy on the screen. On the downside, I'd downloaded some s/w called XS++ that had options for flashing various elements of the phone, but couldn't deal with the new f/ware the officail Sony upgrade had installed.

In an apparently unrelated event, midway through the night the phone screen magically reappeared for about 30 minutes. Except that it was tinged blue. Oh and upside-down. In reverse. I can't see any logical reason, beyond physically removing and rotating the screen for that to happen, curious to know if anyone else has ever seen it.

Screen reverted to blue shortly afterwards, so looks like I'm getting the 'old' HTC Desire this week.

Advertisement