Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Players lounge in Fairview - Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Dancor wrote: »
    No its not, Its ****ing tick. His son makes a fine living for himself in Britain and gladley takes the queens shilling which helped buy that shop.
    From the point of view of a well-adjusted, rational member of society it's beyond moronic.

For the puropose of attracting apes adorned with MichaelCollins32 and Fighting Irish leprechaun tattoos, it's probably a fairly effective publicity stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

yer man from the players lounge is an utter gobsh!te, was on the FM104 phone show the other night and had his opinion shot down more or less instantly as utterly moronic, would not listen to anyone else or even let them talk.

I'd say Queen Elizabeth is gutted she is barred NOT. from the way he was talking it sounds like a right knacker hole and i can tell ya now i wont be setting foot in there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

He's on Joe Duffy now
    "Sure she might just drop in. It's on the way from the Airport ..."

Eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dancor wrote: »
    No its not, Its ****ing tick. His son makes a fine living for himself in Britain and gladley takes the queens shilling which helped buy that shop.
    Clever advertising wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Clever advertising wise.

Not for his son though. This will put an even bigger target on his back now. His life could end up like Neil Lennons, getting bullets and death threats in the post. No way to live a life.

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    He's on Joe Duffy now
    "Sure she might just drop in. It's on the way from the Airport ..."

Eejit.
    I only caught the end of it there, seemed a decent enough speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Specifically adertisiing a pub around the dislike of a public figure seems idiotic even iif the figure is dislikeable. It's just a knacker-magnet to be honest but I'm sure he doesn't mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tommyadams wrote: »
    Wow they must be taking anti-embarrassment pills round the clock in that kip. Idiots.

It would seem that they need to up the dosage:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

My god, this is so brainless.
    I'd say the queen is ragin all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Considering the clientele that place attracts it's a pretty good advertising movement to say the least. He'll reap in the profits from people who have no problem showing up in their premiership jerseys yet hate anything to do with the word Britain. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

its a bit hypocritical that they have that outside while they screen the premier league on the ten million + tellys they have in the place

No to foreign games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

stovelid wrote: »
    So I can cheer o b the English national football team or rugby team in there even if I disagree with the occupation of the North? Cool.

Yep.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Yep.
    Bobby Sands supported Villa, so if he can follow British teams, any republican can.(Some blanket men even supported rangers!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Bobby Sands supported Villa, so if he can follow British teams, any republican can.(Some blanket men even supported rangers!)

Then they, like him, would be hypocrites

Then they, like him, would be hypocrites
    I object to the war in Afganistan and Iraq, doesnt mean I dont watch American telly.

Its foolish to suggest that desiring ones countries independence means that you need to hate everything about the former occupier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I object to the war in Afganistan and Iraq, doesnt mean I dont watch American telly.

Its foolish to suggest that desiring ones countries independence means that you need to hate everything about the former occupier.

It's difficult to reject all aspects of the invader's culture obviously, so by saying that they are hypocrites it is only based on the literal definition of what a hypocrite is. It might seem like a negative term but when applying the definition stringently it is impossible to say of any cause that it is not hypocritical. So, for example, you object to the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, yet you watch American television (i.e. you support a contributor to the American regime) so you are a hypocrite. I am a hypocrite in that I will drink Heineken yet there are plenty of Irish brewed drinks to have, and then say that we need to buy Irish goods where we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

People like them make me sick. Low life s**m bags hiding under the tri colour. Armchair republicans with tiocfaidh ar la tattoos and rebel songs on the radio. The type of people who were protesting outside Croke Park a few years ago with banners like " No Foreign Games In Ireland " all the while wearing celtic tracksuits.

That banner is cheap publicity by that Stokes guy. Oh doesn't your son play soccer in Britain and gets paid with the queens sterling !!. I'm sure he isn't complaining about the British when his son gets him tickets to his matches.

Sorry about the rant but these type of people get to me

/ rant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No+to+Foreign+Games+RSF+style.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Lads,
    Does anyone know what this pub is like inside as i have never been into it and was just curious as it was in the news recently after a bouncer and two bystanders got shot outside. What are the regulars like inside- is it a place that i should stay away from as i here they have the rights to a lot of english matches that are not on mainstream tv??

don't mention the queen in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do you reckon he followed the English national team then?

Do you?

Sure you might as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

No+to+Foreign+Games+RSF+style.jpg

do people still think this was real?? it was a piss take.

Either way, i hate those eejits who watch english soccer while doing any of the following (in the order in which they annoy me):

1. Giving out about irish football and its attendence/quality.

2. Being 18 stone and commenting on how ferguson got his tactics wrong and thinking everyone in the pub wants to hear it.

3. Looking at me sideways when i say i dont support any soccer teams.

4. Take over the whole pub and bitch and moan when they cant watch united as ireland/dublin is plaaying in GAA/rugby/etc

5. Pretending to be a republican is at the end of the list, but it still annoys me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

neil_hosey wrote: »
    do people still think this was real?? it was a piss take.

I don't think anyone cares :pac:

For great apt pictures it is up there with the shape of the Earth from the Moon and lightning hitting the Statue of Liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭francois

It was raided by the garda in connection with dissident activity-ammunition found in a shed out the back

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0408/breaking12.html

For people on mobile phone's here's the quote from the link;
    The Players Lounge pub in Fairview was among the properties searched. Some 9mm amunition rounds were found in a shed at the back of the bar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sounds like a classy place alright.

spurious wrote: »
    Its actually a pretty decent pub, compared to others in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spurious wrote: »

Nice pint, but well too many British football jerseries hiding the Shels ones and too many TV's for my liking.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Whoa,what blanket men supported Rangers?.

tipptom wrote: »
    Whoa,what blanket men supported Rangers?.
    Cant recall exact names but it was mentioned in the book "nor meekly serve our time" by a blanketman who was talking about how they kept track of the premier league, SPL etc through snippets of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

yer man from the players lounge is an utter gobsh!te, was on the FM104 phone show the other night and had his opinion shot down more or less instantly as utterly moronic, would not listen to anyone else or even let them talk.
    If even Adrian Kennedy listeners think it's idiotic, then it's really, really idiotic.
    Strange that they'd support a team that isn't their local team, or anywhere near it, though - seeing as territory is of such importance to them (not criticising that, but I find it ironic).

• Advertisement
Advertisement