Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BB Cream

• 21-08-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone knows where I can buy BB Cream in Ireland? Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Bringing this up cause I was wondering the same thing...anyone knows, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

try boots, or maybe the body shop, or even maybe lush might have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

I ended up ordering it on ebay. After all it's no good for me. Gave it to my friend who loves it. You can order small samples, there are sets of 4 samples, different types. Then you'll see what matches your skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

There's a Skin Food shop in Powerscourt for anyone else interested - they should have a number of their BB creams in. I find them all quite yellow/peach though so not suited to many Irish skin tones. perhaps - certainly not to mine, but I'm very pale and need a pinker base.

http://www.skinfood.sg/beta/

They have other cute products

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

Have same problem. Very pale skin, sutan resistant. All BB creams I've tried (4) were too dark for me.

• Advertisement

Thank you girls.

I am Italian and I think Ic an say I have an olive undertone so yellowish shouldn't be a prob for me...but I think I may not find something dark enough for my tone...

i would like to order via e-bay...suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Some of them come in different shades. You can check

Skinfood
    Etude House
    Skin79
    Hanskin

But if you google it there are some very good pages out there reviewing BB creams which are probably more helpful. Checking this has led me to a new website I want to order all of - must check it out

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/

Thank you Lainey...
    All the ones I could fund on eBay from Korea seemed fairly on the light side.
    Gonna check the site and those brands.
    lainey316 wrote: »
    Some of them come in different shades. You can check

Skinfood
    Etude House
    Skin79
    Hanskin

But if you google it there are some very good pages out there reviewing BB creams which are probably more helpful. Checking this has led me to a new website I want to order all of - must check it out

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iamjesus

Tirabaralla
    try missha no.27 for yellow medium skin
    no.31 for tanned golden skin

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Flaker

Garnier, Boots and loads of others are now doing BB creams. I bought the Garnier one recently but found it very greasy indeed. Gave it to my sis who has quite dry skin and she found it a bit greasy too. I don't know, I think they're a bit of a gimmick to be honest. Just a jazzed up tinted moisturiser really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Yes, the branded ones like Garnier, No 7 etc are a different product to the original Korean ones. From what I have read, there is no comparison. The branded ones are little more than tinted moisturisers. The Korean ones have formulas for treating acne etc. On the downside, I have also heard that the original ones contain a skin lightening ingredient, although I am not sure if this applies to all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I've sallow skin and use the garnier bb cream in medium and it's fab the shade is just right for my skin plus it lasts ages

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

I've done a bit of research on this and unfortunately most of the Korean ones do contain skin lightening ingredients. The two that looked most promising are the Smashbox and Clinique ones, unfortunately they are the more expensive ones as well. I'm not sure if they are available here yet but can be bought online. I ordered the Clinique cream from ebay, the coverage and colour is great but I have dry skin and it did start to have a slight flaking/caking effect so I think it would be more suitable for people with oily skin. Its has a really thick consistency, thicker than most foundations and drys quickly on the skin so is best applyed in parts and in a thin layer. I tested the Maybelline, Garnier and No. 7 ones but they all were too dark and just felt and looked like a tinted moisturiser. The purpose of the BB creams is to combine skin care and good coverage in one easy step but I wouldn't use any of them without at least using moisturiser first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Thanks for the informative post Sabrielle, that's very interesting to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I personally think that the South Korean brands of BB creams are amazing and have great staying power.

I use Etude House's BB cream....they can't lighten my skin any more than is right now because to say I'm pale is an understatement!

51PKhMWh-lL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I personally think that the South Korean brands of BB creams are amazing and have great staying power.

I use Etude House's BB cream....they can't lighten my skin any more than is right now because to say I'm pale is an understatement!

51PKhMWh-lL.jpg

Ha I'm the same as pale as they get but like it that way:D

I want to try all the proper Asian BB Creams now that I'm a Skin79 addict, does this give a nice finish?? Tempt me!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Ha I'm the same as pale as they get but like it that way:D

I want to try all the proper Asian BB Creams now that I'm a Skin79 addict, does this give a nice finish?? Tempt me!:P

It gives me an airbush finish and I put pressed powder over it as I like the matte finish. I'm a demon for Etude house I can't walk past one without going in!

Missha and Artarium are other fantastic brands.

Advertisement