Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year History

Options
  • 21-08-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could let me know what these subjects are like

HIS20130 Land, Religion, Identity
    HIS20560 International History 1914 - 1991

HIS20610 Modern Japan
    HIS20370 Kingship of Tara

Would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

As far as I remember Land Religion and Identity looks at Ireland between c. 1530 and c. 1691, so you'd be looking at the Reformation, Counter-Reformation, the 1641 Rebellion and the Catholic Confederacy, Wentworth, Cromwell, the Restoration, and probably the Battle of the Boyne. You'll be looking at the land settlements during the period, too, which would include surrender and regrant, the Graces, the Act of Settlement and Act of Attainder, transplantation to the west, etc. Religion will obviously play a big role, too.

It's a nice couse, but very broad.

I've heard nothing but positive things about the Modern Japan course, but it tends to be very popular, so if you were thinking of taking that you'd need to register early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Just-A-Phase

Hi, just wondering if anyone could let me know what these subjects are like

HIS20130 Land, Religion, Identity
    HIS20560 International History 1914 - 1991

HIS20610 Modern Japan
    HIS20370 Kingship of Tara

Would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks

Land, religion and identity - absolutely hated it. Had a terrible tutor which didn't help matters. I found it dull but its a core so can't really avoid it.

International history - Loved this. Very interesting, lectures were great, readings were interesting.

Modern Japan - Took this as my option and loved it. Really interesting and the lecturer is a legend, you won't like him at first but you'll learn to love him :)

Advertisement