Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloppy overclockers.co.uk

Options
  • 21-08-2010 12:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So the brother bought a very nice spec rig from overclockers.co.uk and got them to build it etc.
    It arrived yesterday after only 3 days of placing the order [all good you think]
    No so, when unpacked there was screws hanging off from the PSU, Cables everywhere,pretty much every screw was loose and or threaded in at an angle as if someone spent 30 seconds putting it together.
    The venom cooler fan was also hanging off.
    Worst of all was the gfx card was visibly warped very badly, upon further inspection the pci express slot that the card was sitting in was seriously bent resulting in the card very obviously forced into the slot.
    I could go on and on but to sum up the pc didnt boot up for ages, then all of a sudden it did but nothing displayed on the monitor and also a red led light error right beside the wonky pci express slot.
    Its absolutely disgraceful the condition they sent this rig to a customer in, i cant get over how sloppy it all is.
    Needless to say he is sending it back and will seek a full refund.
    You have been warned guys.

Before anyone says the usual "build it himself" he is new this the whole thing and simply wanted a nice spec pc built and ready to go and was willing to pay for same :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Man thats bad even for them.
    They dont normally ship with cooler attached to mobo as the weight can strain the mobo.

I hope they replace the full system for your brother quickly without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Now I have two reasons not to order from them.
    One being High prices, the second being this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

One being High prices

But sometimes their weekly deals are worth it. I got a hard drive from them a while back cheaper than anywhere else and it was in good condition and well packed. To be honest, I've heard an awful lot of bad things about overclockers over the time - selling second hand items as new and filtering reviews.

Actually, looking at my emails, I ordered from them again a while back. I wanted some items I couldn't find elsewhere at the time. They had listed it as being all in stock. My status said 'in warehouse queue' from the time I ordered it. Now I'm a fairly patient person. I'm willing to wait if it's cheaper (e.g. dabs), but I was waiting a whole month for it with the same status before cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

That sounds ridiculous.
    I hope you shot some pics as proof. Someone sending out rigs like that will probably try to skirt around the refund, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sparkymarko69

wow that aint nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dunno, you have to try really hard to bend a PCIE slot( im not kidding ), are you sure this didnt get destroyed in transit?

I would RMA it immediately

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

OCUK wouldn't let a machine with such obvious and severe defects leave the shop, they know it'll come back to bite them in the arse :p

At a guess if there's defects all over it I'd say its the other kind of transit damage - one of the ****ing *******s pulled a swapsies :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Yes, couriers do pull that ****, had it happen to me years ago with a PC :eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

:eek:

My PC is an OCUK titan and it was perfect when i received it. The courier company to Ireland was kinda shít though and I had to ring OCUK to make sure it was delivered correctly.

I probably wouldn't buy from them again due to the credit card company issues (MBNA saw OCUK and blocked my card due to suspect fraud) and that I'd have the confidence now to build a decent rig. (Its easier to build a new rig when you have one already working in the mean time :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

i've never really had too much problems with OCUK. in saying that i had a GFX card fail to be delivered. i think it was a x1900xt from way back in the day was expensive too. i had the basic shipping at the time and OCUK said they had to wait for royal mail to sort it. needless to say never got sorted and i had to say bye bye to i think 500 quid at the time. (could be wrong there)

since that one incident everything else has been spot on. with their pre built systems i have heard of below standard products being used. ie generic ram that cant always handle the overclocks they have on the system. again though they have always been quick to replace these items according to a friend of mine who had this happen to him.

i'd be inclined to agree with sol on this one. courier could have pulled a fast one or at the very least pulled an "ace ventura" with the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

possibly couriers ,but the fact the pci slot was also warped i feel not,
    a rushed job by under skilled tech it looks like to me.

ill post pics soon , if thats allowed ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It most certainly is :)

Although I don't want any "KILL OCUK WITH FIRE!!!1!" posts unless we could definitively prove it was all their fault, and that would be kinda hard... :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

build my newest rig with all the parts orderd for OCUK, they have one hell-of-a bad stock system, was informed that my order had been shipped with everything apart from the RAM and CPU cooler, this didn't go down well with me as OCUK had already taken my money, all i could do was wait for the RAM and CPU cooler to arrive, mind was all in perfect condition. Will never use OCUK again tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

build my newest rig with all the parts orderd for OCUK, they have one hell-of-a bad stock system, was informed that my order had been shipped with everything apart from the RAM and CPU cooler, this didn't go down well with me as OCUK had already taken my money, all i could do was wait for the RAM and CPU cooler to arrive, mind was all in perfect condition. Will never use OCUK again tho

Did they just charge you and send the parts you ordered or will they be sending on the rest later?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

I got all the parts after a extra week of waiting, thing that really bothered me was the way they had charged me for all the parts only to find the ram and cpu cooler missin on 1st delivery, very slow with the reply emails to me as well.

Advertisement