Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League weekend Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Real soft goal that.
    Here comes the avalanche of goals?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

nullzero wrote: »
    Real soft goal that.
    Here comes the avalanche of goals?
    Wigan controlling the game in the middle of the pitch, but don't have a clue what to do with it in the final third. The likes of Rodallega and McCarthy need to be doing better.

°°°°°

Wigan controlling the game in the middle of the pitch, but don't have a clue what to do with it in the final third. The likes of Rodallega and McCarthy need to be doing better.

They look like they're going to get caught on the break.
    Doing ok in the middle is all well and good, but as you said, they look brainless in the final third. I'd like to see Terry getting properly tested, I always feel there's a mistake in him.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Wouldn't mind a second goal here for chelsea, always get the feeling that wigan can get themselves a goal from somewhere and put a big spanner in the works.

°°°°°

Game over. On the break, Wigan amde a mockery of.
    7 maybe 8-0 now?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a ball from Mikel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great ball by Mikel and a great finish by Anelka

Done and dusted happy days :D

Oh dear oh dear. Wigan shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anelka well well ofside there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, this is gona be a hammering.

again.

Wigan playing desperately again.

°°°°°

Christ, does anyone bother doing the basics against Chelsea anymore?
    It's like playing a computer game on the lowest difficulty setting for Chelsea these days.

Glazers Out!

Wigan very poor, serious relegation candidates this year.

Anelka miles offside

From the two matches I've seen, Boselli looks completely out of his depth.

• Advertisement

Rodallega deserved a goal for that.

°°°°°

My stream keeps freezing, at 3-0 I couldn't be bothered to persevere.
    3 points for Chelski, god knows how many goals I'll just have to find out later.

Glazers Out!

Unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Think the referee is doing very well so far.

Terry could of been off there

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Terry could of been off there

He's a thug, plain and simple.
    My most hated player of all time.

Glazers Out!

He's a thug, plain and simple.
    My most hated player of all time.

Are ye not a bit harsh there?

He knows his job, does it well, can be an idiot some of the time with his stupid tackles.

Insomnia the best of a bad lot for Wigan imo.

Heading over for the Wigan Match next week at the Lane really hope we put a few past them

°°°°°

Raedwald wrote: »
    Are ye not a bit harsh there?

He knows his job, does it well, can be an idiot some of the time with his stupid tackles.

He is a thug.
    He's been involved in some awful incidents over the years on and off the pitch. I'm not too bothered about his family's criminal credentials or his relationships with team mates birds, he does enough on the pitch to be rightly labeled a thug.

Glazers Out!

Heading over for the Wigan Match next week at the Lane really hope we put a few past them

They are so so poor at the back. Really don't look like a team that will create anything either going forward.

That_Guy wrote: »
    They are so so poor at the back. Really don't look like a team that will create anything either going forward.
    Ya Only one fit striker at the moment though:(

He is a thug.
    He's been involved in some awful incidents over the years on and off the pitch. I'm not too bothered about his family's criminal credentials or his relationships with team mates birds, he does enough on the pitch to be rightly labeled a thug.

chip_on_shoulder.jpg&t=1

Ya Only one fit striker at the moment though:(

Great midfield though. Very attacking. Plus Bale has had a terrific opening to the season too.

°°°°°

chip_on_shoulder.jpg&t=1

:D, funny.
    John Terry is still a thug though.:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

He is a thug.

I guess we will have to disagree on that one then.

°°°°°

I guess we will have to disagree on that one then.

It's not just my opinion.
    He racially abused Ledly king and nearly caused a brawl a few years ago, in a game against city he rugby tackled Jo...bravejt2_crop_340x234.jpg

I can list more if you like.
    He's a thug.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ouch.

Sidibe out for the rest of the season for Stoke. Snapped his Achilles tendon.

Nasty one that.

Lovely goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good man Charles.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ouch.

Sidibe out for the rest of the season for Stoke. Snapped his Achilles tendon.

Nasty one that.
    That's the wierdest injury ever he was blaming Charlie but on the replay Charlie was 5+ yards away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cross of the season!

It's not just my opinion.
    He racially abused Ledly king and nearly caused a brawl a few years ago, in a game against city he rugby tackled Jo...bravejt2_crop_340x234.jpg

I can list more if you like.
    He's a thug.

Like I say he knows his job and that is to stop goals, pretty much at all costs and does this be it my legal or illegal means on the pitch. I dont agree with your view of him as a "thug" as i would find it more applicable to people of martin foleys ilk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Drogba is freaking ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Chelsea are a fcuking machine. They must be stopped.

Relegation places. :( :pac::pac::pac:

Happy feeking days. Started off again like we finished last year. Never know now we are playing attractive football Roman might give us a few sheckles to spend on a player.

Happy feeking days. Started off again like we finished last year. Never know now we are playing attractive football Roman might give us a few sheckles to spend on a player.

Maybe a new centre half but everything else about Chelsea is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That has to be the best ever start to the League after 2 games not just the Premier League but the top division of football in England?

Absolutely phenomenal stuff from Chelsea, Drogba is just so so good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oh wigan....
    early relegation candidates or just unlucky?

chelsea seem to have not missed a beat since last season. glad yossi could get on the scoresheet too :)
    but why cant f**kin lampard score in these massive scoring games! :mad: (fantasy football)

• Advertisement

Maybe a new centre half but everything else about Chelsea is awesome.

Have a couple of young lads coming through in CB, was thinking of a good bench striker in case one of the two main lads gets injured not sure about sturridge yet and prob wont get game time with Kalou in decent form.

°°°°°

Like I say he knows his job and that is to stop goals, pretty much at all costs and does this be it my legal or illegal means on the pitch. I dont agree with your view of him as a "thug" as i would find it more applicable to people of martin foleys ilk.

Are you a Chelsea fan by any chance?
    I'm a United fan, and if I'm honest, when I see Gary Neville acting the maggot or flapping his lips I think to myself "what a muppet".

John Terry is a thug. Good defenders stop goals by staying within the rules.
    He's got an awful track record with indiscipline and were he not England captain for the last while I'm sure he would have been sent off a lot more.
    He should have been sent off today also, but he gets away with it.

Chelsea have a fantastic squad of really talented players, John Terry isn't one of them, they should have taken City's hands off when made that ludicrous offer for him last year.
    Chelsea won the league well last year, but it was at times in spite of Terry not thanks to him.

Glazers Out!

I am yeah probably my general view of stopping goals at all costs and dont really care how he does it, is impairing my judgement here.

Chelsea wont sell JT never will, he brings too much to the team imo and his presence is enough to have him there alone. Thats why they decided to sell Ricky instead, who imo is a much better defender than JT.

°°°°°

I am yeah probably my general view of stopping goals at all costs and dont really care how he does it, is impairing my judgement here.

Chelsea wont sell JT never will, he brings too much to the team imo and his presence is enough to have him there alone. Thats why they decided to sell Ricky instead, who imo is a much better defender than JT.

Thats a funny statement.
    John Terry is a thug, I'm sure you know thats true.
    He's "your" thug though, so you'll never admit his failings.
    I loved Roy Keane at United, but he had some shocking moments too, I couldn't deny that he had a terrible side to him even though I loved what he did for the team.
    There's a difference between loyalty to your clubs captain and closing your eyes to their abhorant behaviour.

As much as you love Terry, he will always be a very limited player and a thug.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are you a Chelsea fan by any chance?
    I'm a United fan, and if I'm honest, when I see Gary Neville acting the maggot or flapping his lips I think to myself "what a muppet".

John Terry is a thug. Good defenders stop goals by staying within the rules.
    He's got an awful track record with indiscipline and were he not England captain for the last while I'm sure he would have been sent off a lot more.
    He should have been sent off today also, but he gets away with it.

Chelsea have a fantastic squad of really talented players, John Terry isn't one of them, they should have taken City's hands off when made that ludicrous offer for him last year.
    Chelsea won the league well last year, but it was at times in spite of Terry not thanks to him.
    Did you ever think that a team needs a leader on the pitch? Did you ever wonder why a player is being left on the bench and somebody you don't think is as good is starting regularly?

This is something that fans never seem to understand. John Terry is a top defender, maybe an Alex/Carvahlo would have been better techically but leadership is a huge thing and its well known that John Terry is a great leader on the pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement