Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anatomy

Options
  • 21-08-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

This has probably been answered somewhere else but anyways...in the courses such as Radiography, Physio and Medicine, how is anatomy taught? Is it through the use of cadavers or plastic props, or simply through self directed learning with an atlas? Fingers crossed I get offered Radiography or Physio on Monday! Thanks in advance for all your offers! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hey!

Radiography & Physiotherapy students both take the modules Clinical Human Anatomy I & II in 1st year. CHA I teaches the anatomy of the arm and leg, while CHA II teaches anatomy of the torso (internal organs etc.).

Each week there are 2 lectures and an anatomy practical (1 hour). So in the lectures you learn all the theory - the lecturer will project slides and point out the various muscles, bones, arteries, nerves etc. that you need to learn.

In the practical, you will look at cadavers and your demonstrator will ask you to point out various things (which you will have learnt in that week's lectures) - you can use your Atlas to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pineapple123

Thanks a mil for the reply! Just what I wanted to know! I probably won't even get radiography or physio on Monday...but I can't stop thinking about it! Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Thanks a mil for the reply! Just what I wanted to know! I probably won't even get radiography or physio on Monday...but I can't stop thinking about it! Fingers crossed..

hoping for radiography too! best of luck, might see ya there!

Advertisement