Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfactor Discussion Thread 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Errrrm, ok.
    MavisDavis wrote: »
    Um...right..

Eh, what's with the "errrms" and "ummms" girls?

Read the first post of this thread:
    Ok, so to keep all the Xfactor talk out of the den, yaaaaah and aaaarrrggghhh threads, like last year, we may as well set up a thread to keep C&H in harmony without all the "OMG, JEDWARD ARE IN THE BOTTOM TWO OMG NOOOO" or anything like that

There's a reason this thread exists. Please use it for that purpose.
    If anyone has any problems with this, PM me or stick it in the Feedback thread but as far as I'm concerned, there should be no issue with this whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gingarr

Halloween x factor tonight, I'm kinda looking forward to finding out who's singing what! Apparently aiden is singing thriller?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I want to kick the blonde one in Belle Amie in the shin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I want to kick the blonde one in Belle Amie in the shin.

I'll join in! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Aidan has to go. He is quite possibly the most irritating singer, ever. That little crippley elbow thing he does.. just makes me want to punch him. And what's with the orangeness of late? Ugh!

Matt was a bit meh this week. Cher's vocals were a fair bit strained, didn't deserve that amount of praise. One Direction were probably my favourite this week, although the Asian one really annoys me.. he really needs to lighten up and stop diva-ing up every little bar he gets; it drags the rest of the group down. Usually Belle Amie have good vocals and crap energy, but it was the other way around tonight which was a bit of a shame. Had the vocals been there it probably would've been the best act.

So, to summarise, Wagner to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Aidan has to go.

:eek:
    I love him! Him, Matt and One Direction ftw!
    I think it was a decent show this week actually, in comparison to the other live shows. I'm trying to decide whether I liked Cher or not...it was better than her rapping anyway, although I don't think it showed much vocal ability. Nice song though!

Matt, Matt, Matt...is there anything he can't do? Aiden was decent, thought One Direction did really well. Belle Amie were a bit meh, although I usually like them. Rebecca bored me, Treyc just irritates me and the only thing I could do during Katie's performance was stare at her eye make-up. Not good.
    As for Wagner...meh, I think the novelty is wearing off. Time to go...Oh, and Mary was good, bit boring, but good nonetheless. Paige was fairly forgettable...

I think that's everyone. Anyway, to summarise...

GWAN MATT. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Aidan has to go. He is quite possibly the most irritating singer, ever. That little crippley elbow thing he does.. just makes me want to punch him. And what's with the orangeness of late? Ugh!

Matt was a bit meh this week. Cher's vocals were a fair bit strained, didn't deserve that amount of praise. One Direction were probably my favourite this week, although the Asian one really annoys me.. he really needs to lighten up and stop diva-ing up every little bar he gets; it drags the rest of the group down. Usually Belle Amie have good vocals and crap energy, but it was the other way around tonight which was a bit of a shame. Had the vocals been there it probably would've been the best act.

So, to summarise, Wagner to win.

Which one? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I quite liked Cher singing, except when she talked and came off all annoying and arrogant and "ooooh feel sorry for me I'm crying" and stuff. Plus her vocabulary seemed to be limited to "I'm so emotional right now".

I think Paige/TreyC/Belle Amie should be in the bottom, meh enough. I also don't like Mary but its probably too much to hope that she won't get voted for..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I think Mary's starting to get a bit predictable at this stage. You're just waiting for her to hit us with the big note near the end.
    Belle Amie were fairly terrible. They did pick themselves up a bit at the end but the start of their singing was attrocious.
    Rebecca's accent/voice/something when she sings is really starting to annoy me now for some reason.
    I don't care what Cher does I'll just never like her.
    Aiden was meh again I suppose.
    Matt wasn't too bad and One Direction were probably the best of the night.

Wagner/Belle Amie/ TreyC to go.

Rebecca's accent/voice/something when she sings is really starting to annoy me now for some reason.

Its her hand, its as annoying as Diana Vickers' was, PUT IT DOWN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I hate this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Basically, at this stage, Matt could actually walk on-stage and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I'd still swoon all over the place. I'm in love, truly, deeply etc.

Novella wrote: »
    Basically, at this stage, Matt could actually walk on-stage and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I'd still swoon all over the place. I'm in love, truly, deeply etc.

I wish they'd give him a better song though, he does make things his own and does really well where other people would crash and burn, but c'mon, Britney? Leona? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wish they'd give him a better song though, he does make things his own and does really well where other people would crash and burn, but c'mon, Britney? Leona? :(

I loved him singing Hit Me Baby One More Time. :o Wasn't mad about him last night tbh, but he's just so lovely and amazing! I know what ya mean, like he's way more talented than what he has been appearing the last 2 weeks and that's pretty much 'cause of the crappy song choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Matt should sing The Blowers Daughter ( by Damien Rice) and do the female part Falsetto.

Get on the twitter to minougue and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Matt should sing The Blowers Daughter ( by Damien Rice) and do the female part Falsetto.

Ah sure, Ill help out too.
    She may take notice of more tweets :P

I can pretty much hear him singing that in my head right now...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Rebecca is now definitely my favourite and who I want to win. I love "Wicked Game" and although she sang it a bit too harshly she was still the best performer of last night. She's the only one who (imo) hasn't had a bad performance yet; Mary has become boring, Matt got a shít song choice last night and poor Wagner has to deal with his mentor constantly turning him into a joke.

As for the two everyone hates, I usually like Katie but she was disappointing last night. On the other hand I usually can't stand Cher, but this is the first week where I can concede that she probably deserves to 'stay' (see what I did there? :pac:)

Belle Amie were terrible; have no harmonies whatsoever. One Direction work better as a band but they ruined that song. I would put them in the bottom 2 but I know One Direction will not be there.

As for the rest, I like Aiden but "Thriller" was an awful song choice, Paije is always forgettable and Treyc is essentially an Alexandra Burke clone.

As for the two everyone hates, I usually like Katie but she was disappointing last night.

I like Katie too, but her voice isn't strong enough for some of the songs she thinks she can sing. She should stick to 'lighter' songs if you get me? Not the TreyC-ish ones. The make up artists are loving the white eyeliner this year, its so freaky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I like Katie too, but her voice isn't strong enough for some of the songs she thinks she can sing. She should stick to 'lighter' songs if you get me? Not the TreyC-ish ones. The make up artists are loving the white eyeliner this year, its so freaky...

Tippex eyeliner :p

• Advertisement

Tippex eyeliner :p

Quirky is one thing, frickin' ridiculous is another :p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

TreyC will be in bottom too again IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

:eek:

Oh my God I know! He would sing that song amazingly!

He wasn't great last night but it wasn't his fault because Dannii gave him a shít song. He did the best with what he had.
    He's the only one there with any real talent imo.

Except for Wagner obviously. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You, sir, are a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annsie

Matt should sing the script.. for the first time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Wagner ftw!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Wow Matt :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Wow Matt :O

He was class! Best of the night fo' shizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

It's hilarious the way Wagner gets pilloried for his singing yet Aiden and One Direction are praised after performances that are just as shit

• Advertisement

It's hilarious the way Wagner gets pilloried for his singing yet Aiden and One Direction are praised after performances that are just as shit

One direction were actually rather good :) It'd get ya up dancing like.. :D

Advertisement