Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfactor Discussion Thread 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was so so glad Cher didn't rap, she really is a lovely singer. I still wouldn't vote for her though and don't want her to win, I don't think I'd like any of her songs, I bet she'd rap in them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Piste wrote: »
    I was so so glad Cher didn't rap, she really is a lovely singer. I still wouldn't vote for her though and don't want her to win, I don't think I'd like any of her songs, I bet she'd rap in them all.

And dont forget making random weird singing sounds, as well as making strange faces in her videos.

I'm more of a Katie fan, but again, not going to vote or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My favourites last night were
    1. PAIJE :D
    2. One Direction
    3. Wagner

I'd say there may be a small surprise tonight.
    You don't know how people will warm to Katie's "new image".

If any of my favourites go ^, I will probably cry. And my body will dehydrate as a result of crying so much..... or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

There is apparently a twitter link ( I don't have a link) that says Cher and One Direction are in the bottom two. I don't believe it though - it's allegedly the same link that said Aiden was 3rd from bottom last week.

Who is that guy in One Direction that never looks happy? Why does he look so separate from the group? The other four always look so happy and into it, he's just like a puppy then own or something. Also, I think Dannii said something about him, but I couldn't hear it because of the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

There is apparently a twitter link ( I don't have a link) that says Cher and One Direction are in the bottom two. I don't believe it though - it's allegedly the same link that said Aiden was 3rd from bottom last week.

Who is that guy in One Direction that never looks happy? Why does he look so separate from the group? The other four always look so happy and into it, he's just like a puppy then own or something. Also, I think Dannii said something about him, but I couldn't hear it because of the audience.

Ah that's Zain. He's a "I'm stuck up my own hole 'cos I think I'm great" type so he hates it when he's not getting attention! Dannii told him he wasn't singing in tune with all the other lads! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oooh well the thing with Aiden spawned from this one posting a leak each week of digital spy, (I'd been watching it) and it probs just got posted on twitter or something then after..
    But theres no show of where the Cher and 1D leak came from... Me thinks it was just some fan started it to scare everyone into voting more :P I dont think 1D could be in the bottom 2.. yet.

And angry you say... Hmm well its not Niall or Louis. If its fierce and passionate its Harry, if its bored and urghh "why am I here" looking its Zayn or if its Boring and "Why are people not taking this more seriously" Its Liam :P

Ooh and Im gonna go crazy and say the bottom 2 will be 2 of Mary/Cher/Rebecca

Curly, blondey, the asian, smiley or .... Liam?

I'd say it's Liam.
    He's as drrryyyy..

And regards the twitter leak, I wouldn't say it's true.
    There's also another leak going around eemmm.. can't remember who was in trouble though. Bleh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Based on last night, I have no idea who'll go. Cher and Katie were both better than usual, while Matt and Rebecca were both worse than usual.

As long as Wagner doesn't go, I won't mind too much. I'd love to see One Direction get the boot though, but that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Based on last night, I have no idea who'll go. Cher and Katie were both better than usual, while Matt and Rebecca were both worse than usual.

As long as Wagner doesn't go, I won't mind too much. I'd love to see One Direction get the boot though, but that won't happen.
    I really wouldn't have said that last part if I were you.

Wagner or Katie should go. Katie wasn't the worst last night but after her amount of times in the bottom 2 is that not saying something? I thought her hair looked terrible aswell. I was just imagining her wearing a santa hat, she would have loooked like the perfect little elf.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The guy I was talking about was Zayn. He just seems 'separate' from the band, and he must also think smiling is illegal. I like One Direction in general, they cheer me up somehow! Hate Simon's smugness afterwards, but what can ya do!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'd say Katie will get a fair few sympathy votes after the today's scandal about her grandmother.

I'd say Katie will get a fair few sympathy votes after the today's scandal about her grandmother.

I'm actually scared that she'll be safe. I've this weird feeling. Hopefully i'm just bonkers.. *touches wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ugh, someone just get Mary out. Shes gotten worse the last few weeks and some of the time it sounds like shes talking the lyrics. I don't like when she talks either...does she ever NOT mention "when I was working at a till in tescos.."

Hope she goes, or Rebecca (hideous outfit and she may as well sing the same thing every week!), but unfortunately I don't think that'll happen.

I do like Katie! Still not forgiven for being there instead of Aidan but she was good last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm watching x-factor for the first time ever. I feel dirty:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Knew it. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Woo Matt Katie and One Direction through! :D

Boo at Mary though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

There's a shock. Didn't see that coming a million miles away.

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I swear something has gone wrong with the world! 2 weeks in a row, the complete wrong person has gone home. I thought the Paije was one of the best last night.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Delighted to see Cher in the bottom two; may take her down a peg or two and make her less cocky. Having said that, both her and Paije sang well in the singoff so did feel a bit sorry for both of them. Paije was never gonna win though; good singer, nice guy but no star quality whatsoever.

I'd love to see Wagner, Rebecca, Mary and Matt in the final 4. If I had my way, One Direction would go next, followed by Cher and then Katie. One Direction are probably going to win though. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Finished watching the show properly now tbh
    It's all an effing joke
    Ill watch One Direction's performance videos etc but nothing else..

• Advertisement

I'm actually scared that she'll be safe. I've this weird feeling. Hopefully i'm just bonkers.. *touches wood*

:( I knew it...

Paije was my favourite... Like i loved that guy. I'm so sad :( he was so gracious in defeat though. Fair play to him. And he left on a high with that amazing sing off! *wipes tear*

Paije was fantastic last night, I didn't understand that at all! As for Cher - she has good performances nearly every week! Entertaining and can sing very well!

Thrilled about Wagner though. I just know my brother and my mother will be furious though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Why did the mushroom go to the party?

Because he was a fun guy..

Hahahaha AWW LOUIS!<3

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

No surprise with Paije leaving tonight. IMO, Simon wrecked any chance he had when he said he had zero hope of winning! Thought it was very unfair for Louis to say he was backing Paije from day one, then go on to send him home. He should have gone to deadlock (though I say the result would have been the same). Though, I'm indifferent about Paije leaving, didn't really have an opinion about him tbh, but would have rathered Cher left. After Aiden going last week to me it would only seem fair to take out another huge favourite :P

I'm getting really annoyed at Louis' reaction each week when Wagner's name is called out as safe. Wagner is his contestant and he should at least pretend he cares about him. So unfair.

Oh and, bad one Mary for messing up the lip-syncing in the Heroes song. Now it's completely obvious the group song is mimed each week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Only watched Matt and Wagner's performances and the elimination this week, I'm kinda over it tbh. IMO they've taken the publicity stunts and audience manipulation way too far this year, and I don't want to waste any more time on a show where 90% of the people involved are completely unlikeable. Plus the other x factor thread's no fun anymore :( /Wagner ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Delighted to see Cher in the bottom two; may take her down a peg or two and make her less cocky. Having said that, both her and Paije sang well in the singoff so did feel a bit sorry for both of them. Paije was never gonna win though; good singer, nice guy but no star quality whatsoever.

I'd love to see Wagner, Rebecca, Mary and Matt in the final 4. If I had my way, One Direction would go next, followed by Cher and then Katie. One Direction are probably going to win though. :(

Yeah, he was never gonna win in fairness, but regardless, he is good. Cher couldn't stop crying afterwards so now they all know, you can be from the top to the bottom is a week, and vice versa.

If poor old Wagner was in the final 4 hes gone, the other person would be delighted if he was there also.

I also want OD to go, just no Katie:p

Also, I disagree, I don't think One Direction will win, but we all know they'll have a big(?) career afterwards, or at least, kinda like JLS now. Honestly, I think Matt will win. But I'd rather Katie or else Mary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Why do people think Cher can sing really well? She can't. She's a mediocre singer at best, who uses "rapping" as a gimmick. Delighted to see her taken down a peg - or seven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Yeah, he was never gonna win in fairness, but regardless, he is good. Cher couldn't stop crying afterwards so now they all know, you can be from the top to the bottom is a week, and vice versa.

If poor old Wagner was in the final 4 hes gone, the other person would be delighted if he was there also.

I also want OD to go, just no Katie:p

Also, I disagree, I don't think One Direction will win, but we all know they'll have a big(?) career afterwards, or at least, kinda like JLS now. Honestly, I think Matt will win. But I'd rather Katie or else Mary!

The best news ever to see Katie's name called first :cool: I was delighted for her :) I agree would love to see Mary win.Rebecca and Matt will get record deals anyway so will Cher and one direction now.

I think I'm getting an "I love one direction" hoodie..
    Or an "i love niall horan" hoodie..

Oh, choices!!!!

• Advertisement

I think I'm getting an "I love one direction" hoodie..
    Or an "i love niall horan" hoodie..

Oh, choices!!!!

Go for 'One Direction'. To those who don't know the names of the band members, it looks like you are the girl who writes her boyfriend's name on herself. With One Direction, there's less confusion!

Besides, I think you mis-spelled Wagner as One Direction? :P

Advertisement