Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC issues in D13?

• 21-08-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Anyone having connection issues today & yesterday? It's down at the mo. "Link" light on router is flashing and "Online" light is off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Anyone having connection issues today & yesterday? It's down at the mo. "Link" light on router is flashing and "Online" light is off.
    ring UPC and log a fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

vibe666 wrote: »
    ring UPC and log a fault.

I swear everytime there is an outage with my broadband and i ring them, The first thing that comes on the phone is 'We are aware there is a problem in the dundrum area and have dispatched people to fix it'

This happened three times, Give them a shout as they are probably already aware of it.

Also ask them when will it be fixed as the last time it happened with me they told me it would be fixed at 6.00pm(was around 5:10) and hey it was fixed at 5:55pm

So they do have an idea how long it will be down. Thats assuming its not an isolated problem with your connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm pretty sure that once they get a certain number of calls from a particular area they know it's an issue there end and send someone out. the thing is, until they reach that number of users calling, nobody is going to be hopping off their comfy chair to go and take a look, so as painful as it is to go through the whole process, it's worth it for you (and other people near you) to make the call. :)

Advertisement