Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options
  • 21-08-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am a young professional due to work in Blanchardstown but would like to commute out from closer to the city? where would be a nice area with a handy commute by car??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Glasnevin is close to the city centre, and the M50 is 5 minutes away from it too, doesn't take long on the M50 to get to blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Definitely Glasnevin as said. Drumcondra would be a decent spot location wise too.

Yeah ,forgot to mention Drumcondra too!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would avoid the M50 though. Use the River Road to the Navan Road.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Cabra would be handy.....oh wait you said "nice"

• Advertisement

Ashington estate, off the Navan Road.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

esel wrote: »
    I would avoid the M50 though. Use the River Road to the Navan Road.

No go, the level crossing gets you.Not good :D

The OP will need to take the back roads as the N3/M50 is not fully upgraded yet(nearly though).

gurramok wrote: »
    No go, the level crossing gets you.Not good :D

The OP will need to take the back roads as the N3/M50 is not fully upgraded yet(nearly though).

Level crossing :eek::confused: ?
    I'm talking about driving from glasnevin through ballymun onto the M50,then blanchardstown is the second exit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The_Joker. wrote: »
    Level crossing :eek::confused: ?
    I'm talking about driving from glasnevin through ballymun onto the M50,then blanchardstown is the second exit!

Why you quoting me?:)

I was replying to Esel. The River road goes through Ashtown and the level crossing catches you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Funny_Bones

Cheers, What is Stoneybatter like?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

gurramok wrote: »
    Why you quoting me?:)

I was replying to Esel. The River road goes through Ashtown and the level crossing catches you there.

no, if you keep going past ashtown you come out at blanch/castleknock without having to deal with the level crossing.

Cheers, What is Stoneybatter like?
    No personal experience of living there, but afaik it's pretty cool. Some possible issues if you are a female walking home from city at night - there is/was a pretty active red-light district based in Benburb St / Arbour Hill area. See this old thread. Possibly other info on Boards if you search.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement