Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Business Results

• 21-08-2010 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

How did everyone get on in this years demanding and somewhat notorious business paper? It will be interesting to see how others did as the business paper itself was badly received (this obviously depends on person to person btw) and the national trends etc. expressed concern at the results in business and other business subjects.

i myself got an A1 which I was absolutely delighted with!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

i got a1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

i got a1

well done congrats...was a bit shocked myself as i found the paper really long and i was worried that i didnt give enough examples etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

same to you.yeah busines is a long long paper alryt eespecially comin after irish paper 2.ah well at least its over.wat you wanna do in septmeber

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

A2
    Very happy indeed :D

same to you.yeah busines is a long long paper alryt eespecially comin after irish paper 2.ah well at least its over.wat you wanna do in septmeber

Business and french in tcd funnily enough (just hoping the points dont shoot up too much from last year)!!! Yeah you're right...at least its over...stupid irish paper 2, pain in the ass if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

got an A2, so happy, hated da paper and was sure wudnt get more den a C2! delighted! :)

jenjenxx wrote: »
    got an A2, so happy, hated da paper and was sure wudnt get more den a C2! delighted! :)

well done I think its even more of an achievement getting an honour in HL business this year as, from what I can gather, it was incredibly unpopular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

B3 which i am delighted with as i had to teach it to myself haha...

bubblz wrote: »
    B3 which i am delighted with as i had to teach it to myself haha...

jesus well done..i know wat it's like to hav to teach urself a lc subject (had to do the same for french and irish) and it's not easy. Doing a normal lc subject wen you hav a gud teacher is hard but on your own is even more so!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

kmhenry wrote: »
    jesus well done..i know wat it's like to hav to teach urself a lc subject (had to do the same for french and irish) and it's not easy. Doing a normal lc subject wen you hav a gud teacher is hard but on your own is even more so!!!
    thanks kmhenry but to be honest i repeated & i did business in 5th and 6th year but the teacher was useless..! we were never motivated ,given any homework or tests so it was kind of like we were teaching ourselves anyway! lol

• Advertisement

bubblz wrote: »
    thanks kmhenry but to be honest i repeated & i did business in 5th and 6th year but the teacher was useless..! we were never motivated ,given any homework or tests so it was kind of like we were teaching ourselves anyway! lol

it was d same 4 me with irish...i had my teacher all the way up to lc from first year but i do feel like i taught myself irish for 5 years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,798 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

D1 for me..thought I did well better...around the C2 mark I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

C1 which is slightly disappointing but im ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

A2, delighted with after that paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

B3. Will be going to get it appelead if I don't get my place.
    I was hoping for b1 / A2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

A2, delighted with after that paper!

Same! Thought it was a really tough paper so definitely happy with how it turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

A1 :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

C2 at Higher level. Going to look at the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

A2

I'm very happy with it but I'm going to appeal it as I need 10 more points so I'm going to appeal pretty much everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

for all those who received their A1's in business.. did you have a certain technique in answering your Q's? did you answer in essay form or point form and state,explain,example? im going into 6th year and will be hoping for an A1 but im told that the marking scheme for business is always very tricky? thanks in advance!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

A2 HL, absolutely delighted.

My business teacher actually told me not to be banking on an A in Business because its very hard to get because of the amount of detail required.

I showed her:D:D

for all those who received their A1's in business.. did you have a certain technique in answering your Q's? did you answer in essay form or point form and state,explain,example? im going into 6th year and will be hoping for an A1 but im told that the marking scheme for business is always very tricky? thanks in advance!:D[/QUOTE

The marking sheme in business is extremely strict and demanding. It is vital that you answer the questions in the way they want to see it if you are to get an A1.
    Always think SEE...State Explain Example. in general 1 major point per 5 marks. also when there are questions with Evaluate or Analyse think State, Explain, Example, Evaluation/ Analyse. An evaluation or analysis can take the form of giving a benefit, disadvantage or, (some people do this but I never would) giving your personal opinion to something. Good luck!!! ps. when explaining give, in general two sentences ie. a definition and then a consequence or an additional piece of information. In the ABQ the Example tends to be a quotation from the text... remember to constantly refer to the text and its context when stating/explaining/quoting from the ABQ in any way!!! if you do this you should do very well. There isn't too much to learn in Business really..the key to getting an A1 is in the way you answer. i would recommend starting to engrain the actual facts from textbooks, notes etc. at the beginning of the year while practising this technique with h/w questions etc. Coming up to the mocks and afterwards you should have most facts in your head and then you can focus youself on mastering exam questions from the papers and even thinking of ones yourself !! Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

C1 in Higher, which I'm actually delighted with. :D I completely messed up the paper on the day and left the exam hall near tears. I was so sure I had failed, or gotten a D3 at the very most.

Advertisement