Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betting

• 21-08-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

What are your views of betting on football? or anything for that matter? Iv never even set foot in a bookies, but decided this year Id try my hand at a few bets. I wasnt sure how to read betting odds, so brought it up whilst chattin with the aul lad a few days ago.. in the hopes of making conversation, but he just said '..bettings a mugs game, dont be at it,'
    Would many people think this? Do YOU think this?
    And just as a bit of fun, what bets will you be making if any, this weekend? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What are your views of betting on football? or anything for that matter? Iv never even set foot in a bookies, but decided this year Id try my hand at a few bets. I wasnt sure how to read betting odds, so brought it up whilst chattin with the aul lad a few days ago.. in the hopes of making conversation, but he just said '..bettings a mugs game, dont be at it,'
    Would many people think this? Do YOU think this?
    And just as a bit of fun, what bets will you be making if any, this weekend? :D
    Stephen Ireland to score on his debut, on his birthday. 10/1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gambling forum and football gambling forum >>>>

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=684

Betting is great, really lets me hate a new player every week for ****ing me over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Plenty of money to be made, even though I'm in a horse racing betting buzz atm. One thing is bet with your head and not your heart.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Have a tenner on Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Soton and Cardiff... Soton the only lads acting the prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gambling forum and football gambling forum >>>>

Ah yeah, but this'll give me a cross section of all the football fans, as opposed to just the ones that like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Look for value, dont do accumulators, avoid the premiership. Easy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

OP I think the trick is to just bet an amount you don't mind losing and if you lose 10 euro on a weekend bet, leave it a that for that weekend, move forward to next weekend.

As for my weekend bets, a new bet I have started doing is the under/over goals bet. I had over 4.5 goals in the Arsenal match @ 2/1 :)

Another bet I tend to do is the big boys in an accumulator, so this weekend I have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, I also threw in QPR.

Might have a small bet on Monday night football just for the interest.

I am thinking of opening a betfair account, seems that as you are betting with other punters the odds can be better particularly in betting in running.

Anybody with betfair experiences here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭baldshin

Had a fiver on Galway United, Bohs, Shams, Finn Harps and Fingal to win on Friday at 12/1. Also did 10 2euro bets on the Chelsea game knowing they'd stuff Wigan- 5 0, 5 1, 6 0, 6 1 and so on up to 9 1. 6 nil was 50/1 :)
    Waiting on United and Villa wins to win another 5 team accumulator, it's been a good weekend so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Aftertiming is frowned upon.

Screenshots, or gtfo.

:)

Advertisement