Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Blackpool

• 21-08-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Song, Vermaelen, Clichy, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, Chamakh.

Subs: Fabianski, Fabregas, van Persie, Vela, Djourou, Eboue, Gibbs.

Blackpool: Gilks, Baptiste, Evatt, Cathcart, Crainey, Sylvestre, Vaughan, Adam, Grandin, Harewood, Taylor-Fletcher.

Subs: Halstead, Eardley, Ormerod, Basham, Edwards, Demontagnac, Keinan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone watching this on Setanta? See Holloways interview where he started rambling on about Men in Black?

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They showed it on Football Focus earlier. Classic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Anyone watching this on Setanta? See Holloways interview where he started rambling on about Men in Black?

Brilliant.

Today fm :( I have football focus and the match recorded though, so I'll get to it. Is Song playing at the back today?

L'prof wrote: »
    Today fm :( I have football focus and the match recorded though, so I'll get to it. Is Song playing at the back today?

Yup him and Verm at CB.

Smashmouth D.

Feck it Cesc is on the bench, thats my fantasy football team fecked again this week so :(

• Advertisement

Yup him and Verm at CB.

Smashmouth D.

No chance of a 4-4-2 with Walcott and Chamakh, I suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Poo! I hate when Song plays as a CB. Hopefully he won't have to deal with too much.

Well it could be Diaby and Wilshere in the middle with Rosicky + Shava on the wings with those two up front but I doubt it...

gandalf wrote: »
    Feck it Cesc is on the bench, thats my fantasy football team fecked again this week so :(

Surely you knew he wouldn't start though? He didn't feature in the last game at all!

I'd say we are playing our usual 4-3-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

After those comments from Holloway, I really want to see Blackpool get a tonking. Having said that, it would not surprise me if Blackpool knicked a goal today, Arsenal defence is just not convincing.

Well it could be Diaby and Wilshere in the middle with Rosicky + Shava on the wings with those two up front but I doubt it...

One can only hope, let me know anyway. No eyes on this one. Most likely, it'll be a 4-3-3 with Walcott failing to impress despite skinning everyone on the pitch!

Nope.

451, or 433.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

gandalf wrote: »

I'm happy with my gamble on Rosicky replacing Nasri. Hoping he can do well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

After those comments from Holloway, I really want to see Blackpool get a tonking. Having said that, it would not surprise me if Blackpool knicked a goal today, Arsenal defence is just not convincing.

what did he say?

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm happy with my gamble on Rosicky replacing Nasri. Hoping he can do well today.

Nasri for man of the match and Rosicky to be injured so...damn you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

wat did he say?

Holloway is so bizarre, talking about men in black. I don't think he has the right management style to keep these guys doing well. But they didn't spend too much on signings and have a wage cap of 10k, so they're smarter than other clubs who have come up.
    Hope they do well today, but can only see an Arsenal win really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How come Blackpool are playing two away matches in a row? I always thought they ensured all teams had a home game in the first two matches each season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I am a great believer in the movie 'Men in Black'

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    How come Blackpool are playing two away matches in a row? I always thought they ensured all teams had a home game in the first two matches each season.

Stadium isn't ready yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

astrofool wrote: »

Their ground is still being done up...I remember reading that it would take 2 weeks into season before it would be ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I'm guessing holloway made some sort of men in black joke, on about the amount of black players in arsenals team?

Arsenal passing quite wayward, good cross from Walcott there.

Great play from Walcott there, thats the kind of ball Chamakh really needs to be gambling on.

mink_man wrote: »
    I'm guessing holloway made some sort of men in black joke, on about the amount of black players in arsenals team?

Surely not. Refs dress in black.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Blackpool doing alright.

Blackpool actually playing some football here.

He actually referenced the film "Men in black" and then compared himself to being like them. He even made gun noises and stuff, it was well weird.

He might actually walk into a Premier league managers meeting and say " You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good"

He essentially thinks he's Will Smith.

• Advertisement

Jesus we are paying poorly defensively. Song does not look comfortable and we need to stop trying to play Blackpool offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Holloway was on about the chairman resigning and then somehow started talking about the team taking on Arsenal and not him and then going on about job-titles and players and then mentioned men in black and saying if you havent seen men in black you'll think I'm talking nonsense.

I hadnt a fecking clue what he was on about and I saw MiB and MiB2 (both more than once)

If anyone who saw it could actually explain what he was on about please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

get in walcott!!

TTTTTTHHHHEEEEEOOOOOOOO!

Beautiful passage of play. Very similair to his goal against Blackburn last year.

Any good?

Nope it wasn't. He was going on about the expectations of certain players on wages etc!!

• Advertisement

Great goal! Good finish from Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Walcott makes his mark.

Awful, awful defending from Blackpool.

Even Walcott couldnt miss that.

Game over

Great goal, game on now :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a chance! I can't see Blackpool not scoring.

Lucky escape there!

Yup Arsenal's defence looks realy secure there.

I think it's more important to Blackpool regarding how they handle losing this season. They need to keep cool heads.

What the heck was Clichy doing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Quality finish to a great move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

wat did he say?

He did an interview yesterday where he described Wenger as 'one of the greatest'. He also thought he might change his own name to 'black something' ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Should of benn 1-1 there.
    Arshavin has done more in the first 13 mins than all of last week!

I really like the way Blackpool move the ball around.

Good play there between Walcott and Chamakh

• Advertisement
Advertisement