Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you get yourself sterilised?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, tried with a blender. Wish I'd seen that site instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Yes, tried with a blender. Wish I'd seen that site instead.

Hence the quote under your username?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and hence your username. Hands off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bluewolf wrote: »
    And it's impossible for a woman in ireland under 35...

The snip? :pac:

Sterilisation is possible for a woman under 35. In fact, I know one who had her tubes tied at 29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

THFC wrote: »
    Can some one explain Atari Shaguar to me please:o?? Relatively new to boards

Atari Jaguar is the "I don't care / have no real opinion on the subject" poll option. It is often very cleverly & frequently hilariously* changed to stuff like "Atari Shaguar" to suit the particular poll.

* = this bit is not strictly true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Definitely not, but then I'm not a Jack Russell.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Why would you need to be sterilised? Just don't let the juice get into critical areas and you'll be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Confab wrote: »
    Why would you need to be sterilised? Just don't let the juice get into critical areas and you'll be fine.
    What about people in long term relationships who don't want children/have all the children they want? Would you expect your other half to stay on the pill? Would you want to use condoms for the rest of your life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Voted 'Maybe' in the poll - I'd certainly consider it. I never want children; some people are just not cut out for parenthood and I know I would be a terrible father. Tbh I don't think I'd care very much if I found out in the morning I was sterile. Kids will not be a part of my future, so sterilisation isn't out of the question for me.

Hmm was gonna thank knifeWRENCH but it could be construed that I want him/her sterilised, a unforeseen flaw in the thanks system if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, give me sterilisation please. I have two children. I am finished adding to my family. Unfortunately in Ireland it is virtually impossible for a woman under 35 to be sterilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

bnt wrote: »
    And there I was thinking it was about volunteering to be sterilised. I'm considering it. I already have friends with kids, making me an honorary uncle several times over. I can be the guy who brings "the toys that make the noise", then leaves. :pac:

I think I know you. Stop bringing the noisy toys. They make me drink wine before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

I have two kids and am not convinced either way that I want another. But I don't think I would get sterilised. I am only 30 so the way I see it I don't know what is around the corner for me.

I can understand that it can be a valid choice for those who defo don't want kids or for health reasons/genetic reasons do not wish to start /add to a family.

I think it is just a bit too final??

rebelmomma wrote: »
    I think I know you. Stop bringing the noisy toys. They make me drink wine before noon.

Have you ever thought of giving your "mommy's medicine" to the little tikes, quietens them right down

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

If I had scabies, crabs, head lice or some other type of unmentionable affliction, I would definitely get myself sterilised...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Of course you can bring yourself to orgasm afterwards it's just a vasectomy. Had one about 7 years ago. Got it done by Dr O Leary in Finglas. Lovely guy has been doing them for years and from what I remember a good bit cheaper then the link in first post.
    Doesn't sound like he's a very good doctor if you've only orgasmed once, seven years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Got this done 10 years ago,wasnt that bad but milked it for all it was worth :D

Worst was i got a running commentary when he was doing it,then said thats it now all sorted,and i thought jesus that wasnt so bad till he said

"now for the other side":eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

Waste of time this thread yer all shootin blanks anyway :pac:

Advertisement