Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool new tool from stateside!

Options
  • 21-08-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this video on you tube yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ruwZdaPjbs&feature=fvsr

The Jointmaker Pro from Bridge City Toolworks; pretty cool "machine" but seems to retail at almost $1500 over there! Serious dough, wonder how long before there's a clone on the market? Perhaps a Dakota JointPro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wow!

I reckon it'd be easy enough to make one though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Wow!

True, I'd better finish the painting at home first; maybe a little project for the next bank holiday weekend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Wow!

its a tidy machine alrite, i reckon you could make one but its the saw its self (i.e. saw set/teeth) that offers the ease of use and clean cut!

i imagine the teeth are shorter at the start and progressively get longer to the end maybe? seems plausible to offer such a smooth run across the saw table.

expensive tool tho..but new inventions always are..give it a few years on the market and it'll drop in price!

love the no electricity/human power approach!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I want one....drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Wow!

Yep, just serrate that Pike of your and all will be well:D

I just Love the finger guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Yep, just serrate that Pike of your and all will be well:D

;)

Advertisement