Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Support for an Environmental & Earth Science Forum

• 21-08-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Mods, move thread where appropriate.

Folks,

I'm trying to get an environmental/earth sciences thread off the ground and I could use the support. It'd be a good forum for Geographers as it's concerned with the underlying processes of the earth where Geography "writes the earth".
    I've posted this thread request in some other forums, so it's more or less the same deal. We all read the stuff in the newspapers or we hear about things like; climate change, sea-level rise, bio-fuels, wind farms, incinerators, the Haiti earthquake, the BP oil spill, the floods in Pakistan etc... So it's not something alien or abstract.
    The reason why it might be of interest to in particular Geographers is that it'll be a forum which will cover the Physical Geography stuff that tends to get glossed over far too much in school and college.

In secondary school, people are still taught Davisian erosion/deposition cycles, in college it's a lecture theatre of about 200 and you never get that same depth because subjects have to be balanced out (or in the case of UCD, there's nearly no Physical Geography at all, basing that on my own degree experience there).

So for these reasons alone it might be worth giving it a consideration.

So please folks, show your support in this thread.

Cheers folks!

- El Siglo.

Advertisement