Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat exam question..

Options
  • 21-08-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Right lads,

If you fail your repeats, do you still get your grant if you have to repeat first year?

Or is there a way of getting aroudn this, just incase I land in the ****ter I want to be prepared :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Oh dear, best of luck regardless.
    I'm not sure, I doubt they're that harsh.

All I know is that you can repeat your exams four times before being kicked out, apparently.

(And no, I've not tested this our, nor will I want to)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DM2008

If you have to repeat 1st year you won't get your grant.

The grant authority have already given you a grant for 1st year, so they won't do it again. If you have to repeat, you are on your own (for fees and grant), then you will get the grant plus your fees paid once you go into second year.

My advice is to hit the books!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Oh dear, best of luck regardless.
    I'm not sure, I doubt they're that harsh.

All I know is that you can repeat your exams four times before being kicked out, apparently.

(And no, I've not tested this our, nor will I want to)

Do you mean you can repeat the same exam 4 times or like 4 subjects once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

DM2008 wrote: »
    If you have to repeat 1st year you won't get your grant.

The grant authority have already given you a grant for 1st year, so they won't do it again. If you have to repeat, you are on your own (for fees and grant), then you will get the grant plus your fees paid once you go into second year.

My advice is to hit the books!

Cheers, yeah I was thinking as I put down I will be in second year and that if im not in second year they will not subsidise me, thing is I wouldnt be able to go without the grant.

Anyway I have been hitting the books and feeling more confident about these then the summer ones, just want to be prepared.

By experience does anyone know if they go a little easier in the repeats?

Advertisement