Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I failed Irish

• 21-08-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

But got 360 which is 80 points more than what was required for my course last year will DIT let me away with it?
    Or will i have to repeat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Not if Irish is a requirement, check it on qualifax or sumtin, might be that you just need 2 languages so if you've done german or french or sumtin that might do ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

I'd love to know why i need irish to study computer science!!!!!

same reason you need it to study english!! no reason at all!

just looked up your course, you dont need irish! you just need english OR irish it says, as long as youve passed 6 subjects anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Oh please let this be true! I'm awaiting monday. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I was worried I'd fail Irish, luckily I passed but i'm very certain DIT don't require Irish as it says English OR Irish, so I would get the course either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

goreyguy wrote: »
    I'd love to know why i need irish to study computer science!!!!!
    To the best of my knowledge, DIT don't have an Irish requirement for most courses, nor does the IoT sector generally unless it's relevant to the course.

Irish for matriculation was more of an issue for the NUI colleges, and even they have relaxed it somewhat in recent years.

Advertisement