Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard & Mouse

Options
  • 21-08-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey guys have a new gamin rig just need to get a good gamin mouse and keyboard

using an old dell mouse and keyboard and its driving me crazy lol can any1

recommend something nice budget for the 2 is €200 i don't mind spending
    thx

marko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

hi,

im using

mouse:logitech mx518
    kboard:logitech G15

both are speccy enough for your gaming needs .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sparkymarko69

cool ill look into that have you ever used Razer products ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

no sorry , i have not.;)

ok but cheers anyway for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

CullyA wrote: »
    hi,

im using

mouse:logitech mx518
    kboard:logitech G15

both are speccy enough for your gaming needs .:)

I swear by my MX518, it's a brilliant mouse.

As for Keyboard, I am getting a Logitech G110 this christmas, so sadly I can't comment on a good gaming keyboard right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

For a mouse, ive been using the G5 for the last 2 years, same as the mx518 with a few extra's. Ive used both. The G5 is a fantastic mouse, No complaints. Its coated in some material that seems to negate any sweat from my palm. Weight adjustment is necessary for me as I like a heavy mouse. Large teflon feed/pads also a great plus.
    The G500 is the sucessor to the G5 and has also gotten great reviews. The G500 costs around 50 euro. Not sure who is selling the G5 or mx518 these days, but they would definitley be less than 50.

Ive tried a couple of the Razer mice and I really disliked them, something about the feel and design put me off, though that was a few years ago.

Im actually looking to treat myself to a new mouse. The cyborg RAT is out in 2 weeks and I nearly jizzed myself over the features, pricey though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qciGwhrD4&feature=related

For a keyboard, I use a saitek ecplise 2 and I love it. The keys are a little shallow compared to standard keyboards which was my personal preference. Some media controls and a custom backlight.

You should certainly have a look at the G series keyboards from logitech (G11, G15, G110, G19 and the upcoming G510). Ive played around with the G15 which I liked except for the key height, since I prefer slightly shallow keys, other than that it seemed great. G15 is about 80/90 euro, might get cheaper, its been out for 3 years and there are 2 versions. I wouldnt bother with the G19 since its only extra feature is a the LCD screen and you are paying an extra 50 euro for it. The keyboard also requires the use of a plug.
    Be aware that some gaming keyboards may require 2 USB 's to function

Edit: If possible, try to go to some LAN/Gaming cafe, they usually have decent gaming peripherals, nice way of "try before you buy".

thats brilliant info krieg thank you for that yeh the cyborg RAT youtube video looks really cool :P how much is it priced at ?

theres a few keyboards out there was looking at them on the net earlier so many to choose from lol but thx for the recommendations :) ill have a look into the G series later and see what i fancy :):) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

thats brilliant info krieg thank you for that yeh the cyborg RAT youtube video looks really cool :P how much is it priced at ?
    its €110 for the RAT7 and the RAT9 (same as RAT7 but wireless) is €140. There are 2 other versions, the RAT3 and RAT5.

I finally found a detailed review on the mouse and its not good -
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=539&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=5
    Pity

Also have a quick look at the G700 mouse, its available in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Im another user of the G15 and G5, if i had tonnes of case is still end up with the G15 as my keyboard, i dont mind the height of the keys, but of course its down to ones preference. Id get a G9 simply because i love the G5, razor is supposed to be excellent also, cant comment on the RAT

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

*hijacks* What about good cheap mice? I can't think of any decent 3200dpi sub-€25 mice after OCZ took the Behemoth off the market :( Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    *hijacks* What about good cheap mice? I can't think of any decent 3200dpi sub-€25 mice after OCZ took the Behemoth off the market :( Any ideas?
    tsk tsk a mod hijacking a thread lol. Why 3200dpi though? i mean i can understand that for photoshop or summit but i find general use extremely high dpi irrelevant with and mouse which has weights( like the G5 or G9 ) because it doesnt slide as easily as a plastic lump

Cant you pick up a G5 for 25 euro :) - http://www.adverts.ie/183849/peripherals/logitech-g5-laser-used/

Also dont ever scrimp on keyboard, mouse, monitor or sound system, its your only interaction with your pc and should always have the highest priority, especially on stuff that lasts, i.e. ive my G5 for at least 4 years now, G15 got second hand for 45euro, 22" screen bought 5 years ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'm not looking specifically for x dps, just noticed that most high-end mice are 5700dps and most ~€20 models are... 800-1000 :o

And I'm not trying to get cheap, just get something decent for less than eleventy-seven euro :p

I'm not looking specifically for x dps, just noticed that most high-end mice are 5700dps and most ~€20 models are... 800-1000 :o

And I'm not trying to get cheap, just get something decent for less than eleventy-seven euro :p
    lol, well what do you have now? that G5 is i linked is excellent value.( if i were in your shoes i would 110% buy it for that price )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

Revoltec FightMouse Pro (3200) starts at 25eur
    Sharkoon Fireglider (3600) starts at 20eur (sry no link, sharkoon hp seems to be down)

OP:
    I love my Roccat Kova (3200).
    And the Roccat Arvo for those 3 thumb keys :pac:

Well now i'm really spoiled for choice with all these ideas :) but thanks lads i'm

gonna sit down today and have a really good think on what to get :) cos this dell keyboard and mouse is definitely driving me crazy lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I agree the mx518 is a good mouse. I had one for a while, but as I discovered and read afterwards, they have a habit of dying quickly because of the way the cord turns 90° inside the mouse.
    Krieg wrote: »
    For a mouse, ive been using the G5 for the last 2 years, same as the mx518 with a few extra's. Ive used both. The G5 is a fantastic mouse, No complaints. Its coated in some material that seems to negate any sweat from my palm.

The G5 is a very nice mouse. I know someone with it and it's really comfy with a nice texture. I would definitely go for this if I needed a new mouse and it was at the right price.

... or even the OCZ eclipse (not 3200dpi though - also discontinued?). I've been using this for the past while. Nice texture, size and feel, with weights and stuff that I don't bother with. Also you can change the colour of the light in the mouse wheel. Very good mouse for what I paid for it.

One mouse I'd recommend you not even to consider is the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. I bought it after reading reviews ranting how great it was. I couldn't even use it for five minutes. I don't know what kind of people they've got in there researching for this mice, but they're not for the average human. Maybe if you had huge hands.

Go into PC world if there's one nearby. They usually have a few on display.

Monotype wrote: »

Go into PC world

If you don't mind paying twice what you could get it for online :rolleyes:

If you don't mind paying twice what you could get it for online :rolleyes:

Haha, no I mean you go in and take advantage of their stock on display - Then you go off and buy it elsewhere! ;)

Ah I see, that's what I did, so I could see how large the speakers I wanted were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

this is what i have for the past 2 years +-

Paid 99 euro for it at the time, i bet there alot cheaper now.

Amazing mouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Monotype wrote: »
    Haha, no I mean you go in and take advantage of their stock on display - Then you go off and buy it elsewhere! ;)
    LOL that's what I do all the time. Digital cameras, sat nav, keyboards, mice etc. :pac:

nuxxx wrote: »
    G9

"...so it's 4...better than the G...5" :D

Those spinning wheels are very cool, but I didn't find this quite as comfortable as other mice. I didn't know about the changeable shells. It really depends on the person's hand size and preference, so you have to try the mouse in person most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Get a mechanical keyboard if you dont need quiet periphirals (they have a distinct click when you press a key). They will last longer than any rubber dome board. However, if noise is a concern then go with a rubber dome board (like most gaming keyboards) I have the Logitech G110 (€70 from Peats) and I'm perfectly happy with it, even if it has a slightly strange layout. It's quiet and the G keys are very handy if you are a big RPG fan.

As far as gaming mice go, I would say go fro the CM Storm Sentinel (€75 IIRC) but the shape may not suit everyone (its quite long) but it has plenty of settings and even a screen :p

coool guys thanks for all your opinions really helpfull :) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Whatever you do, don't buy a Razer lycosa keyboard. Random keys stop working mid game is great fun. Seems to be a common enough fault that they haven't fixed. Also windows media player randomly opening is great fun too.

Whatever you do, don't buy a Razer lycosa keyboard. Random keys stop working mid game is great fun. Seems to be a common enough fault that they haven't fixed. Also windows media player randomly opening is great fun too.
    yeah ive heard several people complain about those and the random opening of stuff

Are they that bad lycosa ? I was looking at the new Razer Black widow ultimate mechanical keyboard looks sweet :)

Advertisement