Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rose Of Tralee 2010 with JONJO.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Holy f*ck - what a minger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I'm welling up inside after listening to that poem! Pass me the kleenex quick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Our third rose is from queensland and is 22 and is wearing a red number which lets not talk anymore about.

She has a bald spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Its the bronx no? Love the dress despite a dark colour. Very pretty. Quiet like her. Her accent isn't too annoying at least.

Boston, Massachussets. Home of the Kennedys.
    'The Spirit of Massachussets is the Spirit of America!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Thanks Starbelgrade, my OH just asked me why I don't think she's pretty when I lolled:mad:

This rose would put you to sleep given another 2 minutes of listening to her talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

Are newbridge still the big sponsers poor old tubs and darcy were forever mentioning them ....God be with the days when Gay used be pushing british leyland and there mini along with the fillys from aerlingus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

She's got hidden talent alright..

This rose was a boring unentertaining trainwreck, her party trick was making baloon animals which showed her up for the clown she was.

2/10 and 1/10 spanks from JONJO.

• Advertisement

Why is she making a cock out of balloons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sustar

can't believe she said " i bet you get that a lot" to Daithi..hahahaha FAIL for the lovely girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

If playing will a balloon behind your back is the best party trick you've got then its time to give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

For a minute, I thought her party piece was going to be like something I saw on the Howard Stern show ...

Jayus i sent some Polish intern away 5 minutes ago for my coffee and she still isnt back:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I thought their jokes were funny! Roll on the next rose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Jayus i sent some Polish intern away 5 minutes ago for my coffee and she still isnt back:mad:.

drop her like she's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

There up against Corrie now with a strong story line

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dance facilitator??????= Pole Dancer???

And now after that travesty we have rose number four who hails from Leitrim the forgotton county.
    She owns her own buissness and is wearing a lovely emsemble. A red head and a sexy one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sustar

she's really pretty but a pink dress and red hair ...err...

does anyone have a paddy power bet on this?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Is the cameraman drunk or blind?

They really shouldn't cut back to shots of the mothers. That one just bit the dust for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

What I hate about the Rose of Tralee is that it's a celebration of mediocrity, at least when it comes to the appearances of the Roses.

Nearly all the dresses this year are so hideous. They're just that plain red with a slight purply tint; trying to be "Rose" like I suppose but the effect just looks horrid

Overall they're just so boring. It's a sea of flat brown hair and bland red dresses.

Why can't you have an interesting Rose? Is there just no interest from anyone that looks a bit different? If so, why not encourage them, break it up a little? I've known some goth and hippie girls to have been the most beautiful and interesting girls I've known.

The whole thing comes off as a bit sexist too, dress for dresses sake. Is a woman less of a "Rose" if she doesn't wear a dress? You can argue the point is for it to be a traditional contest, but then where is the non traditional contest for the rest of us? It's not fair to excuse it when an alternative does not exist.

The Leitrim Rose that's coming on now in the mad pink dress is about the best but she still comes off as a bit boring.

Year in year out they come off as being flat and boring with no real personality. You'll get one or two "quirky" girls that come off as more than a bit forced.

It reflects badly on Ireland as a whole. And I can't stand some of the thick bogger accents, and yank accents reciting "Irish" poetry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So far the Rose from Boston was the best, that Aussie rose was a laugh, I just don't find this Leitrim rose that great tbh.

When Daithi says "Mammy" he sounds like Al Jolson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

sustar wrote: »
    she's really pretty but a pink dress and red hair ...err...

does anyone have a paddy power bet on this?!

That hair/makeup/dress combo is a travesty.

Sandvich wrote: »
    What I hate about the Rose of Tralee is that it's a celebration of mediocrity, at least when it comes to the appearances of the Roses.

Nearly all the dresses this year are so hideous. They're just that plain red with a slight purply tint; trying to be "Rose" like I suppose but the effect just looks horrid

Overall they're just so boring. It's a sea of flat brown hair and bland red dresses.

Why can't you have an interesting Rose? Is there just no interest from anyone that looks a bit different? If so, why not encourage them, break it up a little? I've known some goth and hippie girls to have been the most beautiful and interesting girls I've known.

The whole thing comes off as a bit sexist too, dress for dresses sake. Is a woman less of a "Rose" if she doesn't wear a dress? You can argue the point is for it to be a traditional contest, but then where is the non traditional contest for the rest of us? It's not fair to excuse it when an alternative does not exist.

The Leitrim Rose that's coming on now in the mad pink dress is about the best but she still comes off as a bit boring.

Year in year out they come off as being flat and boring with no real personality. You'll get one or two "quirky" girls that come off as more than a bit forced.

It reflects badly on Ireland as a whole. And I can't stand some of the thick bogger accents, and yank accents reciting "Irish" poetry.

Well, don't f*cking watch it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lol, he's the best singer so far.

• Advertisement

Quiet refreshing and very down to earth a rose in the true sense of the word.
    Her party piece involved a dance which she pulled off much to her credit.

8/10 and 7/10 Spanks from JONJO.

Advertisement