Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No signal from pc

Options
  • 21-08-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all

Booted up my pc and the display keeps saying no signal (entering powervsaving mode)

According to the LCD display on the motherboard the computer is making a successful boot attempt

Do you think the graphics card is fried ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are you hearing any beeping sounds when it boot's?
    What motherboard do you have?
    If there's no VGA detected on my Asus board I get one continuous beep followed by three short beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

No I'm not getting any beeping sounds

It's an abit in9 32 wifimax board

It's goes through all the post codes on the LCD and finishes with FF for fully functional

I can actually here the little hiss from the speakers when the login screen appears but there's just no signal coming from the pc to the monitor,I've tried a different pc attached to it and it works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

Monitor works on a 2nd PC - check. By any chance, do you have another monitor at hand to try out on the 1st PC?
    Do you have a second output on your graphics card to plug the cable in?
    Also check if the graphics card sits correctly in the slot on the mainboard (I've seen mad things after people bumped their vacuum cleaners into their PCs).
    Maybe this is a job for the oven. I love the smell of freshly baked GPUs in the morning.

Advertisement