Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a job in the Caribbean

Options
  • 21-08-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    just looking for a bit of advise if anyone could help me on getting work in the Caribbean. Spent the last two days trying to find jobs online with no success. A lot of the jobs sites Ive found have either no jobs or just look like scams. Im looking at more resort jobs than anything else at the moment. If anyone has had any look finding jobs in the past, I would really appreciate any advise you would have.

Also Ive been looking into working with the Red Cross. If anyone has had any experiences doing this, i would really appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

robbie.dub wrote: »
    Hi,
    just looking for a bit of advise if anyone could help me on getting work in the Caribbean. Spent the last two days trying to find jobs online with no success. A lot of the jobs sites Ive found have either no jobs or just look like scams. Im looking at more resort jobs than anything else at the moment. If anyone has had any look finding jobs in the past, I would really appreciate any advise you would have.

Most of the jobs in the Caribbean would be tourist-based, ie bar and shop work.
    Most bars and shops don't advertise for staff online over here, I doubt the Caribbean is up to speed with us internet-wise. You would probably need to go over there and seek work in person.
    Have you a work visa sorted out?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

irishjobs.ie is owned by Denis O'Brien.

he advertises work with Digicel on this site (mobile phone operator for the caribbean and parts of africa) but it would mainly be for Accountants and IT Staff.

You are unlikely to get any seasonal work for the caribbean advertised over here, as they would be filled locally

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭KarlDrake

robbie.dub wrote: »
    Hi,

Also Ive been looking into working with the Red Cross. If anyone has had any experiences doing this, i would really appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks

Robbie, get in touch with Jonathan Campbell of Select People, http://www.selectpeople.ie/index-4.php.

He's an Irish based expert in recruiting into the Caribbean, I don't think resort work is his raison d'etre, however he's a top top guy who'd certainly point you in the right direction.

Best of luck,
    KD

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi thanks for all the help. Really much appreciated. Have contacted all of the above and have received some great information. Thanks again

Advertisement